Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints

Article about: Hello, This two original blueprints are in my collection, it are two blueprints of the big crematorium with annex gaschamber in KL-Auschwitz/Birkenau, the imfamous Crematoriums II & III.

peter u
    ?

Default Re: KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints

Thanks Jay,

"Do you know what ever happened to Walter Urbanczyk did he survive the war? Was he charged with any war crimes?"

In May 1945 he was arrested by the allies but they only kept him in a detention camp from he was released after a few months.
    His post war live is a mystery.
    He was never prosecuted.
    Actually all officers from the "Zentral Bauleitung der Waffen SS und Polizei Auschwitz O/S", the unit that was responsible for the construction of the crematoriums and gaschambers in Auschwitz, their "job" made it possible to exterminate 700.000 people, got away with their crimes unpunished.
    Karl Bischoff, the leader of this unit, died in 1950 and has never been tried.
    Walter Dejaco & Fritz Ertl , the architects of the crematoriums & gaschamber were prosecuted in Vienna in 1972 for their part in the holocaust but were acquitted of all charges in 1972; their defence: we were only following orders.

Cheers,
    Peter

PS: the figure of 700.000 victims is the figure in the book: Die Kreamtorien von Auschwitz written by J-C Pressac.
    There are other estimates and figures, it depends which source you use.

2. # ADS

Jay
    ?

Hey Peter Thanks for all the info!!

peter u
    ?

Hello,

This is another Auschwitz crematorium related document.
    - It is a letter written by the political department of KL Auschwitz to inform Rosa Wolf that her sister, Martha Bohne, passed away in KL Auschwitz on November 1 1942 and has been cremated.
    The cause of dead was inflammation of the intestines, one of the standard causes of dead that used on this type of document; although it could also be possible that she was beaten to dead.
    The family of political prisoners with the German nationality could in the early years of the KL system ask for an urn with the ashes of their family member.
    The urn they got was filled with a spoonful of anymous ashes from the crematorium ovens.
    The document is signed by SS Untersturmführer Max Grabner, he was a Gestapo officer that was responsible for the KL Auschwitz political department. Despite his low rank he was the most powerful man in the KL Auschwitz system.
    The political department (department II) was responsible for: prisoner reception & release, investigation & interrogation and executions, the extermination program included.
    You can see that this department used a standard document for this, in which a minimum of details had to be filled in by the clerk.
    Max Grabner most likely would have hold signing sessions for these documents, perhaps he even signed them before they were filled in.

Cheers,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints   KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints  

KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints  

Jay
    ?

Hi Peter
    Again a very nice document,and thank you for posting!! Jay

peter u
    ?

Hello,

This is a document from the ss construction office in KL Auschwitz.
    The document is written on March 5 1942 to the ss administration office that was responsible for the construction of the concentration camps: SS Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt Ambtsgruppe C/I.
    In this letter Karl Bischoff is asking what the policy is on the use of Zyklon B (Blausäure vergassung) for delousing KL inmates, because he has heard from Z.A.Heimann from the SS Bauinspektion Ost der Waffen SS, that it is prohibited to use Zyklon B for this purpose. And if this is the case he has to adapt the laundry building.
    The letter is signed by Bischoff and on the bottom someone in Berlin has written that they are going to wait with an conclusive answer until they have done sufficient testing.

Although it is a letter about the use of Zyklon B for what it initially was designed for, desinfecting clothing, it were these engineers and their design work that made the gaschambers in Auschwitz so efficient.

Cheers,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints  

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    Is there any provenence with this? If original, it really belongs in the Holocaust museum, where did you acquire this ?

If I have a good item in my collection I'm gonna give it to a museum? Suuurree

Jay
    ?

Hi Peter
    Here's a couple pictures of some of the documents i have.There not the best of pictures(stored in my files) but i think you will enjoy them.Jay

KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints KL Auschwitz crematorium blueprints

peter u
    ?

Hi jay,

They look to be great "Entlassungscheinen".

The bottom one has a nice Hermann Baranowski signature!
    Not so easy to find because he died in February 1940.
    I have seen a similar Entlassungschein from KL Sachsenhausen but that was signed by Anton Kaindl.

Cheers,
    Peter

Jay
    ?

Hi Peter
    I have one other from sachsenhausen,and another from esterwegen.The one from esterwegen comes with 4 other documents to the same guy.Jay

peter u
    ?

Hi Jay,

From which year is the KL Esterwegen Entlassungsschein?

Cheers,
    Peter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.