Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kl Gross - Rosen Ausweis

Article about: Hello to all, this arrived yesterday with the post, an ausweis of a aufseherin. I searched for the name, the place and by her number, but could only found that in that camp some 500 women wh

?

Default Re: Kl Gross - Rosen Ausweis

Indeed, they certainly do use many methods to obtain the desired look. Forged paper items range from the laughable, to the damn near perfect examples that can be found on the market. These SS identity cards are very highly sought after by collectors, with originals commanding high end prices, so it is of no surprise that the counterfeiters latched onto this area, and try to make a profit in this manner. The SS-Aufseherin cards seem to be more popular of late, with examples from KL Dachau, KL Ravensbruck (as noticed by 4th skorpion) and KL Gross-Rosen being among the more recent examples to surface.

Regards,

Carl
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

www.concentrationcamptours.com

www.concentrationcampmoney.com

"maka akaŋl oyate maŋi pi ki le, tuweŋi wypeya oki hi sni"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Simon, does the name on this reproduction piece read Ida Kroll...?

If so, its another example of a forger not doing their homework, as the Aufseherin named Kroll who was at KL-Gross-Rosen, was actually Kathe (Kate) Kroll. She also worked at KL-Flossenburg.

Regards,

Carl
    Experienced guide and published author leading detailed study trips to the former KZ sites of Nazi Germany. Contact for further details.

Simon is, as they say, "no longer among us", Carl! No large loss, I'd say, as I'm sure the mods had their reasons. Looking at the photo in question, I'm thinking that it's an entire fake that's been aged. If you'll notice, it has white borders on all 4 sides, which means it was taken to be specifically that size-ID book size. Even if the woman had dressed up for her boyfriend in his uniform for a "funny shot", it would not have been printed out in that small ID book size. Of late, there's been Piles of these old looking fake ID's, papers and such coming from Russia and Poland. Some of them are Very impressive but generally trip themselves up with stupid and sloppy mistakes that if they had caught them Before putting them together, the documents could well have passed casual inspection and be residing in some poor slob's collection today.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As for the source and nature of the photograph: The fakers simply picked it off the internet.

The "ID" photograph was cropped from an image that has been in circulation on the net for a long time. Found on some forum (I don't remember which one), I have it saved to my computer with a file date of November 2003.

It is certainly simply a case of some lady modelling the uniform of her boyfriend/fiance/husband. (Although officially prohibited, this was a fairly popular thing to do, and such photographs are quite common.)

Here's the full photograph:

Name:  Frau_in_Unif_Schtz_WSS.jpg
Views: 1476
Size:  13.0 KB

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Simon is, as they say, "no longer among us", Carl! No large loss, I'd say, as I'm sure the mods had their reasons. Looking at the photo in question, I'm thinking that it's an entire fake that's been aged.
    Ahh, I hadn't noticed his fall to the dark side William, thank you for pointing that out...

And you are absolutely correct about the authenticity of the piece too, its no good.

Regards,

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12