Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kl Gross - Rosen Ausweis

Article about: Hello to all, this arrived yesterday with the post, an ausweis of a aufseherin. I searched for the name, the place and by her number, but could only found that in that camp some 500 women wh

?

Default Kl Gross - Rosen Ausweis

Hello to all,
    this arrived yesterday with the post, an ausweis of a aufseherin. I searched for the name, the place and by her number, but could only found that in that camp some 500 women where trained to do gaurd duties.
    The picture looks good, the needles (d'ont know the word in English) that attach the picture are rusted and have given some color of to the picture.
    The signature of the commanding officer seems to be Hassebroek, ( but this is not confirmed, the signature is very difficult to desipher ) but if it is him, after some research I found that an ss Sturmbannfuhrer Johannes Hassebroek whas camp commander in 1943 - 1944 in the camp of Gross - Rosen.
    The pattern of the letters of al the words seem to be good.
    the red line across the card is done later, but d'ont know how the black colors got onto the paper, maybe done later, or maybe the card itself is a reproduction?
    The last photo is a photo of the backside
    Still it seems a very nice item,
    Greetings, Simon

Kl Gross - Rosen AusweisKl Gross - Rosen AusweisKl Gross - Rosen AusweisKl Gross - Rosen AusweisKl Gross - Rosen AusweisKl Gross - Rosen AusweisKl Gross - Rosen AusweisKl Gross - Rosen Ausweis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kl Gross - Rosen Ausweis
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kl Gross - Rosen Ausweis

Hi Simon, if you have a return option, personally I would send it back. To me this is a fake card which has been aged.

The photo: SS aufseherin did not wear mens issue caps. Photos for ID card use should always show the wearer without a cap. She also wears a mans tunic, again this is wrong.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: the word you were trying to think of for the needles is "staples".
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Further to Ade's observation, which is enough in itself and indeed a very keen one, notice how whatever has been used to "dirty up" the card, didn't quite reach the edges of the staple on the reverse.

Regards,

Carl

?

Hello Ade and Carl,
    about the aging of the card, that whas also my toughts, for the cap and the tunic, this I did not know of, learnt something new.
    And Carl, that is a very good observation that I myself did not even see, or overlooked, you guys have really trained eyes
    The thing that first worried me whas the eagle in the stamp, but turns out to be much more, anyway, I myself am not dissapointed, I learned some new things and the card itself whas not that expensive.
    Greetings, Simon

?

Glad that you didn't spend too much anyway, and I hope that you can manage to obtain a refund.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Amongst paper items, one can often find a reproduction camp staff Ausweis. The majority have several faults, such as shiny new staples and photographs of known personalities (Otto Moll for example) with a different name.
    Last edited by CARL; 11-03-2016 at 10:16 PM.

?

Another helpful pointer with these SS-Aufseherin ID's, which are seemingly more and more popular with the "4th Reich reproduction department" nowadays, is to do a quick check when you see the image of the woman on the card being offered. Quite often, one will find that the name on the card is a fairly common German name, but the image will actually be of a well known SS-Aufseherin, such as Elisabeth Volkenrath or Luise Danz. A little homework could save a fair bit of money.

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 11-03-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Quick question, where, why, and when do you think this photo was produced? Thanks to whomever can help, I'm just curious. It seems quite strange, the uniform that is.

I have recently seen similar "fake" KL Ravensbrück camp functionary IDs for sale.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Quick question, where, why, and when do you think this photo was produced? Thanks to whomever can help, I'm just curious. It seems quite strange, the uniform that is.
    Ade's initial reply goes somewhat towards answering your question, i.e. the young woman in the photograph is not dressed as an SS-Aufseherin, but is wearing men's clothing. It could even be possible, that this is a modern image taken with a quick mock-up of uniform items, likely reproduction. Later, the image has been aged and added to the fake card in an attempt to mislead any potential buyer.

Regards,

Carl

Thank you for your response sir. Think was my best educated guess. I'm sure if the document is aged; which you can tell it is due to above statement on staples, the picture would be as well. It plum amazes me the length these con artist will go to for a buck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast