Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Leibstandarte 7.Kompanie (under Otto Baum)

Article about: Hi, This question is for those experts on SS history and their war time activities on the front: what where the positions and activities of the Leibstandarte 7.Kompanie (under Otto Baum) fro

Default Leibstandarte 7.Kompanie (under Otto Baum)

Hi,

This question is for those experts on SS history and their war time activities on the front: what where the positions and activities of the Leibstandarte 7.Kompanie (under Otto Baum) from September 1939 to June 1940?

I am interested mainly in the out break of the war and the western campaigns up to beginning of June, if possible.

Many thanks,

Neil.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leibstandarte 7.Kompanie (under Otto Baum)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Leibstandarte 7.Kompanie (under Otto Baum)

Otto Baum became a company commander in 1938 where he served until the beginning of the war in the SS regiments. During the campaign in Poland Baum was the storm troop commander of the 7th Kompanie der SS-"Leibstandarte". So I know 7th Kompanie der SS-"Leibstandarte" were part of the conquest in Poland which is where Otto Baum received his Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Baum won the Iron Cross 2nd Class (25 September 1939) and 1st Class (15 June 1940)

Unfortunately I dont know more than this.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Otto was transferred to "Das Reich" where he won the Swords to his RK with Oak Leaves in 1944, I believe.

Hi,

Thanks. Is there detailed information on the units activities September-October of 1939 and of April-june 1940? if yes, where can it be located?

Tnx,
    Neil.

?

Otto Baum mostly made his name with Totenkopf where he won the Ritterkreuz and Eichenlaub,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Totenkopf was where Otto Baum moved to as Battalionskommandeur in March 1941 after commanding 7th Kompanie der SS-"Leibstandarte".

Ill try and find the info you want Huddyhuddy and if i can ill post tomorrow.

Hi Huddyhuddy,

From what I can see 7.Kompanie der SS-"Leibstandarte" completed the invasion of Poland before moving with the LSSAH to the Dutch border for the launch of Fall Gelb (10th May 1940) the invasion of Holland.

In this invasion they were part of the LSSAH that moved aruond 290 km in 5 days through Holland. Upon Holland surrendering on 14th May 1940 they became part of the reserve for Army group B.

You may want to quantify these facts but this is what I have found.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, it helkps!!

Neil.