Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

letter recently purchased

Article about: hi all, i have recently purchased a letter off a car boot when looking at it its says ss on the envolpe was wondering does anyone on here could translate the letter or tell me if there is an

Default letter recently purchased

hi all,
    i have recently purchased a letter off a car boot when looking at it its says ss on the envolpe was wondering does anyone on here could translate the letter or tell me if there is anything interesting in it as i dont speak german and haven't a clue plus is this the right forum to be in on this post.
    i havent posted the scan of the letter yet because i dont wont to offend anyone but iof someone could help it would be fantastic

thanks very much and happy collecting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement letter recently purchased
    P
    Many

?

If you post a picture of the letter, we could have a look and might help you with it.

fantastic i will do it now i just did not want to offend anyone

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure we can help you with this. Doug

Default pictures of letter and envolpe

letter recently purchasedletter recently purchasedletter recently purchasedletter recently purchased

- - ------- - -

thanks doug finally posted the pictures up not interested in the value just love to know what the letter says and if it is ss

It is certainly SS, as the marking states SS Field Post on the envelope. The sender's name is listed on the reverse side of the envelope as well and states that he is an SS Private.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

omg does the letter say anything and what is his name please i cant make it out

It certainly is an original SS field post letter, I have some very similar ones in my collection. My German isnt good enough to translate it, but if you are lucky, someone here will. These period letters are hard to read, even for many German speakers, as the style of writing has changed since the war. It looks to me like he is 'SS Mann (private) H Heim'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture letter recently purchased  

(31.7.1942-9.2.1943) Stab I, Stabs- u. 1.-4. Kompanie u. Kolonne Panzer-Regiment
    SS-Panzergrenadier-Division 10,
    (10.2.1943-23.8.1943) Stab I u. Einheit SS-Panzer-Regiment (Division 10),
    (24.8.1943-5.4.1944) 1.3.1944 Stab I u. Einheit Panzer-Regiment 10 (10. SS-Division).

sorry slados28 what does this mean what you wrote

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast