Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Liberated at Terezín

Article about: Hi Ade, Here is another example of an item issued for Jews at the Theresienstadt Ghetto, one of the last ones to remain active, with its inhabitants up to the last minute, beginning of May 1

Default Liberated at Terezín

Hi Ade,

Here is another example of an item issued for Jews at the Theresienstadt Ghetto, one of the last ones to remain active, with its inhabitants up to the last minute, beginning of May 1945. This ration card was issued to Rudolfina Havrankova, bellow is more information on her:

She lived in a mixed marriage with the „Aryan“ man
    Miroslav Havranek and had two sons.Her husband was arrested (as a man with a Jewish wife) in
    a labor camp Kleinstein. He survived. The son Jan (was in a
    labor camp Klettendorf) and his brother (because he was born in 1934 he
    stayed in Prague) survived as well. Their uncle Karel Bondy was arrested
    in 1941 for resistance activity, sent to a number of prisons and, in the
    end, was executed.

Havránková Rudolfina

born 31.10.1905

transport AE4 - number 177 (25.02.1945 Prague -> Terezín)

liberated Terezín.

Rgrds,
    Neil.
    Attached Images Attached Images Liberated at Terezín 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Liberated at Terezín
    P
    Many

Default Re: Liberated at Terezín

Hi Neil, once again a nice item. And with a happy ending for once

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Absolutely.She survived the war and also the holder of the Durchlasschein from Theresienstadt 1945 April. He is recorded as liberated (Yad Vashem archives in Jerusalem). Are you also interested in WWII Jewish material?

Zaijian,
    Neil.

Hi Neil, this is a whole new subject for me in regards to the paperwork. But one I find very interesting.

I have a number of German Jewish friends who escaped from Germany and when on to fight in the British Army (Parachute Regt) under assumed "English" names. Sadly two have passed away in the past two years. They have some great stories to tell.

My wife also collects and she has a few photos of Palestinian girls (Jewish) serving with the ATS (British womens army) once again under false names.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Yes, many Jews I met ended up in British Palestine and fought against their "own" brothers in North Africa.All had amazing stories.

Zaijian,
    Neil.

Hi Neil, very true.

Of course in a similar vein in 1945/46 the Parachute Regt was serving in Palestine. This was an unpleasant time with "terrorist" attacks taking place. One friend of mine refused to serve there as he could not face having to fight other Jews, many of whom had only just been liberated from Nazi death camps.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Yes, big conflict indeed. Nothing is more worse than brothers fighting each other.

Rgrds,
    Neil.

Hi Ade,

My great-uncle's wife was serving with the ATS (sent from London or South Africa, now is not clear), that is how she met her husband-to-be (he ended up in Intelligence in Cairo, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and Italy 1944-1945). Most of the old female war veterans I met in Israel when I was young and started to collect served at the ATS , Palestine British army.

Rgrds,
    Neil.

?

Just found this old thread.

The Theresienstadt Bezugs-Schein is an interesting and scarce item. The example shown above is a fine piece, approximately 75% complete - which is always good as not only does it display period issue and use, but also retains its general appearance. Is the prisoner's name signed on the reverse? I have had a few of these pieces and found this to be so from time to time.

Below are a few more images of Theresienstadt Bezugs-Scheinen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Liberated at Terezín   Liberated at Terezín  

Liberated at Terezín  

These are interesting indeed.
    Thanks for sharing the pics 8)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast