Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Made a neat linkage last night.

Article about: As some of you know, I specialize a bit in the units of the 6. Armee that fought at Stalingrad. Last night I was reading the history of the 16th Panzer Division by Günter Schmitz (who served

TWS
    ?

Default Made a neat linkage last night.

As some of you know, I specialize a bit in the units of the 6. Armee that fought at Stalingrad. Last night I was reading the history of the 16th Panzer Division by Günter Schmitz (who served in Pz-Pi-Bataillon 16) and came across a listing for Oberleutnant Ewald Boos in the German Cross holders of the division. I instantly remembered a small documents grouping I have for a KIA soldier named Wilfried Lessing and that one of the condolence letters to his mother is signed by a Leutnant Boos. I pulled out the grouping and the unit is an exact match: 4./ Schützen-Regiment (later Panzer-Grenadier) 79. So now I know the signature I have is to Ewald and that he went on to earn the DKiG. Not earth-shattering by any means, but a neat little discovery and I thought I'd share it.

Made a neat linkage last night.Made a neat linkage last night.Made a neat linkage last night.Made a neat linkage last night.Made a neat linkage last night.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Made a neat linkage last night.
    P
    Many

Nice items and history.
    John

Nice research work ! Thanks for sharing !

Once again, a good job Todd. Really you know how to do this researchs. Thanks for share!!