Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Are the markings on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?

Article about: Hi I would appreciate any help on this one as to whether the markings are good or "added" for effect. The picture came to me by chance and is not in my collecting sphere so please

Default Are the markings on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?

Hi

I would appreciate any help on this one as to whether the markings are good or "added" for effect.

The picture came to me by chance and is not in my collecting sphere so please excuse my ignorance.

The shot is of the ss polizei division, in Russia and by the look of things an earlyish war picture.

picture size 7" by 5"......

The markings on the back are :

Are the markings  on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?

actual picture

Are the markings  on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are the markings  on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Are the markings on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?

Look like modern additions to me Tony !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: Are the markings on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?

Thanks Paul

I was afraid you'd say that but not exactly shocked.

cheers

tony

You can buy the stamps on various Militaria Auction sites eg . militaria321.com
    Cheers Lancere .. I have three SS Polizei photo Albums . I have never seen that stamp before on either Press Photos or private ,I scan all of my photos .....

Here are some photos from one Album "Oskar Beddig schützen Regt 4th SS Polizei Div
    some show him wounded ,he was wounded twice in Sept 1941 and again in March 1942
    These are his personal photos . I am showing the back as well Enjoy ,sorry but must protect
    Copywrite ... Lancere Are the markings  on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?

- - Updated - -

The backs Picture 153.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another four Are the markings  on the back of this pic of ss polizei division the real deal ?

?

Agreed, somebody has likely been trying to make the image more desirable. Common practice unfortunately.