Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is this Martin Bormann's signature?

Article about: Hello mate My 2 pence worth. "IF" the signature sold originally was confirmed as genuine then I am very happy that both signatures were by the same person so thats good. The part I

schnellmann
    ?

Default Is this Martin Bormann's signature?

I just picked this up the other day. It is SUPPOSEDLY Martin Bormann's signature. I can't find an example of his signature on the internet. Does anybody in the forum have a KNOWN example of his signature? Would you kindly post it? Thanks! Does anybody know why he would sign it "Der Aufzugsbesitzer"? That hardly fits him, unless he was a Nazi with a sense of humor...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Martin Bormann's signature?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this Martin Bormann's signature?

This is not my area of Collecting, So I'm a little out of my Comfort zone.....A google search brings up a Fair few examples of this Mans sig. And your seller is asking IMO Hefty price for this. If your contemplating acquiring a Signature of this Value. I suggest you do your home work! My advice would be to wait until a Period Document shows up.

schnellmann
    ?

Anybody KNOW if this is Bormann's signature? Would you please post a copy of his signature if you have one?

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by Justin View Post
    This is not my area of Collecting, So I'm a little out of my Comfort zone.....A google search brings up a Fair few examples of this Mans sig. And your seller is asking IMO Hefty price for this. If your contemplating acquiring a Signature of this Value. I suggest you do your home work! My advice would be to wait until a Period Document shows up.
    I took your advice, and tried Google. sure enough there was an example of a signed document (by Bormann) for sale. They were a match! thanks for suggesting google. MY ISP's search did not have it. It's funny, but my inquiry to this forum was also there! I still wonder what the "Aufzugsbesitzer" is all about. That sure is a strange title for the 3rd or 4th most powerful man in the TR to call himself! Any ideas why?

Hi

As I mentioned, This is not my Area of Collecting....I don't have a Bormann sig.....I sore some Differences while a googled the one you showed here. I would if I was you, wait until you get someones opinion on this who is Experienced in this area.

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by Justin View Post
    Hi

As I mentioned, This is not my Area of Collecting....I don't have a Bormann sig.....I sore some Differences while a googled the one you showed here. I would if I was you, wait until you get someones opinion on this who is Experienced in this area.
    Thanks for the advice, but I have already paid for & own the signature. I have attached MY signature, and one that USMC Books sold. They are virtually identical.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Martin Bormann's signature?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this Martin Bormann's signature? 

?

Re the two signatures they are similar but there are also differences !!

I am a doc and sig collector but like Justin this isn't my area as i don't collect political signatures.

From my point of view i would be doing lots of research and speaking with doc collectors with knowledge of his signature before parting with what i should imagine was quite a significant sum of money for something relating to Bormann.

As for Aufzugsbesitzer i might be wrong but i don't think Bormann was noted for his sense of humour.

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Re the two signatures they are similar but there are also differences !!

I am a doc and sig collector but like Justin this isn't my area as i don't collect political signatures.

From my point of view i would be doing lots of research and speaking with doc collectors with knowledge of his signature before parting with what i should imagine was quite a significant sum of money for something relating to Bormann.

As for Aufzugsbesitzer i might be wrong but i don't think Bormann was noted for his sense of humour.

regards

Paul
    As I already stated (twice) I already bought the signature. I studied handwriting, and am comfortable the signatures were written by the same person - Bormann. As far as that strange "Aufzugsbesitzer" goes I remember hearing something about him and an elavator at Obersalzberg - just recently. I watch the History Channel & Military Channel ALL THE TIME, and they are constantly having things about Nazis on those two channels. Maybe this (clipped) document has something to do with the construction of the elavator.

?

You bought it mate , so if you are happy those sigs are the same then that's all that matters I took it from your posts that you had bought it but hadn't found anything to compare it with and you were asking for opinions.

Clipped docs ( why would someone do that ?? ) especially with strange phrases on them such as Aufzugsbesitzer always make me suspicious but hey that's just me !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Oh by the way don't take as gospel everything you see on the History channel etc some of the researchers and Historians on them are rubbish.

1st July 1916

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast