Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Mein Kampf 1939 edition

Article about: I realize that later editions of MEIN KAMPF are a dime-a-dozen in the Third Reich trading circles but I was wondering how much it was worth. A German family was going to toss this but gave i

?

Default Mein Kampf 1939 edition

Mein Kampf 1939 editionMein Kampf 1939 editionMein Kampf 1939 editionMein Kampf 1939 edition
    I realize that later editions of MEIN KAMPF are a dime-a-dozen in the Third Reich trading circles but I was wondering how much it was worth. A German family was going to toss this but gave it to me instead.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mein Kampf 1939 edition
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Mein Kampf 1939 edition

Its a nice example, appears to be in good order. Do a search of some of the militaria sites and you should find a few copies to gauge your book's value. Failing that, try searching online antique book dealers.

Regards,

Carl

It is really hard to say what exact market value is on books... I can give you my experience on what I have seen at book stores, antique dealers and shows. They typically range in good condition from $75 to $300 for special edition issues. There have been times when I picked up a copy on what I thought was a great deal and thought I would sell it on easy and it took forever to sell. Books can be tough and are always unpredictable in value due to the exclusive type of collector that is hunting such an item. My opinion on this book's value without the case (cover) I would say... $75 to $100.

?

Mein Kampf 1939 editionMein Kampf 1939 editionMein Kampf 1939 editionMein Kampf 1939 editionMein Kampf 1939 edition

Here is my 1936 edition with some inscription on the first page when you open the book. Gives it something special.

Cheers,

Kris.

?

I have one in Russian somewhere. All M K are illegal in Russia. Being from Denmark i don't really grasp the concept of "illegal" books. A strange concept

I have an English version, I got about 1/3 through it before I put it down, what a load of tripe! He may have been a mesmerizing orator but he was no bloody author, at least not in English! Lol
    Last edited by sandgroper; 05-20-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Typo

?

@Sandgroper: Same story here my friend. I've got a version in Dutch aswell and put it down after 1/3 reading. Very boring book.
    My girlfriend read him all and told me that he's quit interesting.....!?

K.