Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

MEIN KAMPF - identification required

Article about: My father fought in WW2 and was one of the first allied soldiers into Hitler's bunker. He removed an Iron Cross and a copy of Mein Kampf. I have been trying to establish whether the copy has

snapperdave
    ?

Default MEIN KAMPF - identification required

My father fought in WW2 and was one of the first allied soldiers into Hitler's bunker. He removed an Iron Cross and a copy of Mein Kampf. I have been trying to establish whether the copy has any value. It is in a red cloth hardback cover, the spine is embossed in gold ADOLF HITLER MEIN KAMPF and the front cover has MEIN KAMPF, again in gold capitals. There is a photo of Hitler and a thin tissue sheet followed by the title sheet. Next page shows 9. Auflage 401.-450. Taufend. Book is in German in the typical Germanic typeface. The Iron Cross is boxed and is 1939 issue.

2. # ADS

Default Re: MEIN KAMPF - identification required

Where was your father from?

Quote by snapperdave View Post
    My father fought in WW2 and was one of the first allied soldiers into Hitler's bunker. He removed an Iron Cross and a copy of Mein Kampf. I have been trying to establish whether the copy has any value. It is in a red cloth hardback cover, the spine is embossed in gold ADOLF HITLER MEIN KAMPF and the front cover has MEIN KAMPF, again in gold capitals. There is a photo of Hitler and a thin tissue sheet followed by the title sheet. Next page shows 9. Auflage 401.-450. Taufend. Book is in German in the typical Germanic typeface. The Iron Cross is boxed and is 1939 issue.
    Your is a mid war sort of pocket edition given to soldiers. Look at advanved book exchange dot com for similar examples and prices. I should think this kind has been easily worth one hundred dollars, but I am sure that is the price of seven to ten years ago. I leave the EK to others.

Hi Dave, if you can post some pics for us to see that would certainly help.

Books are outside my collecting remit, but I might be able to help with the EKI (Iron Cross 1st class).

Cheers, Ade.

From your description, I believe this to be the soldier's knapsack edition. Smaller size than standard; not softback, but not really hardback either. Not too valuable - always depends on condition and any "specials" (such as dedication / signature / etc).