Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

militaria dealers

Article about: Hi, I'm adam, i live in spain, I'm 20 years, and started collecting two years ago. I like to collect all kind of documents, photos and any other paper item. I made this thread, because i'd l

adam
    ?

Red face militaria dealers

Hi, I'm adam, i live in spain, I'm 20 years, and started collecting two years ago. I like to collect all kind of documents, photos and any other paper item.

I made this thread, because i'd like to know, from experienced collectors, which militaria dealers do you think are the best, or maybe which one you like most or think is the most reliable, and if exist, which one could be more appropriate to me, as being a relatively young collector and having not big but fair budget. (excluding Ebay).

Thanks a lot and sorry if I posted in wrong topic.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: militaria dealers

My advice is try to shop around at some shows and events, this gives you a better idea of market prices for the items that you wish to collect. Plus better deals can be done on the day by talking face to face with the seller, especially if trade has been poor over the weekend of the show, most dealers will haggle on price and its always worth a try, some dealers are always have cheaper prices, and so it pays to shop around, never buy the first example of the item that you see, as you bound to find a better example of the same item on another stall for a lot less money. Always have a very good look around before you buy anything, and then try and get the best deal.
    If your after German items then again as you've stated Ebay is best avoided. Saying that this advice also applies to a lot of other militria marked as "RARE" or "L@@K" by the sellers. Ebay can be a great place, and bargains can be had, however be very careful.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Hello Adam

The Guys above have given you some Sound advice, I would also Add that IMO Paper/Documents is a less faked Market than Others. I'm only Talking about Documents which is my Collecting interest. Yes there are Fakes but they Normally stand out a MILE.

A few reference Books---Formans Document Guides are a must for this area) Along with a Few other Books, is a great way to start. Also Keep eye out on the Varies E stands. and you could bag a few bargains.

Like Nige mentioned take your time.

PHILBROWN
    ?

id also frequent fairs/shows, it will take a while ,but you will learn the good from the bad, who to trust who not to. its a small collecting world, please DO avoid sydners treasures. , welcome to the forum Adam

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    id also frequent fairs/shows, it will take a while ,but you will learn the good from the bad, who to trust who not to. its a small collecting world, please DO avoid sydners treasures. , welcome to the forum Adam
    phil mate why is that? avoid synders treasures that is? the seller less than honest? alot of nice DR silver on there among others but you have seen the prices

and he always seems to have the same items forsale

Ewan
    Charlie has.......how can i say this..................A less than whiter than white reputation

How can you trust anyone that trys to sell Eva's knickers

Trust grasshopper, he knows best (phil that is)

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Ewan
    Charlie has.......how can i say this..................A less than whiter than white reputation

How can you trust anyone that trys to sell Eva's knickers

Trust grasshopper, he knows best (phil that is)
    john you gotta be kidding me?

how does charlie know they are genuine have a pic of eva wearing them?......doubt it

why do you say avoid synders i was thinking about buying 2000 worth from him????

I'm sure if you Google this Man, you will see plenty of reasons, as to why you need to tread carefully.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast