Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Collection so far (german stampers)

Article about: Hi guys, just thought i would show off my collection so far. I'm pretty happy with it, but, as with any collection, its never finished!!! I'm always scouring the net for more although i find

Default My Collection so far (german stampers)

Hi guys, just thought i would show off my collection so far. I'm pretty happy with it, but, as with any collection, its never finished!!! I'm always scouring the net for more although i find them very hard to find and there are plenty of fakes around. I now know exactly what to look for with these and I'm really happy with all but 1 in my collection being authentic.

I really hope to one day have a very comprehensive collection of these, both in and wax stampers. Currently i have 2 wax stampers and the remaining ink. I just recently bought a very nice set in there original metal tins, one with its original ink bottle!! Although i had to pay a arm and a leg to get it, i knew id probably regret not buying it!!

If anyone knows of any of these for sale i would love if you could put me in contact with the person selling them, or if you have one yourself you no longer really want in your collection, i would love to talk to you about buying it!

Let us know what you think!

Cheers

Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection so far (german stampers)
    P
    Many

?

Michael, the images don't really show the pieces in any great detail but I can tell from what is shown that you have some fine examples of period stamp markers. What the images do show are some of the variations of form that the markers were also produced in. There are, as you probably know, many such variations, not just the regular sized round headed pieces either. Over the years, I have had quite a few different variations myself including some very interesting and rare pieces but as you rightly say, this is a very dangergous area with many people falling foul of a reproduction example, some of which I have seen sell for a lot of money.

Well done on acquiring some genuine examples and thank you for sharing.

Carl

Michael:
    Great looking collection you have there. And they are displayed nicely.
    Thanks for sharing these.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

great looking lot there, love the stamps

Would be nice to see some more photos once you wipe the vasoline off your lens...

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Would be nice to see some more photos once you wipe the vasoline off your lens...
    hahaha yea its a shitty iPhone camera, ill get some better pictures soon so you can actually read whats on them!

nice to see originals for a change. better pics please.

Default updated information regarding wording on the stampers

Ok guys, so an update with some of the wording on the stamps:

OBERKOMMANDO DER KRIEGSMARINE (third stamp in 4th photo)

KRIEGSMARINE - KDO.2.ABTEILUNG MARINESCHULE MÜRWIK, this is the exact wording used on both the ink and wax round headed stamps (1st and 2nd stamps in 4th photo)

Dienstelle feldpost nummer 16244C (7th stamp in 4th photo)

bau-berufs-genossenschaft (4th wax stamp in the 4th photo)

u-boat 148 (8th stamp in the 4th photo)

Im in the process of trying to work out the two corroded ones which are proving difficult!!

it is kinda "weird" to reply to an old thread, but there are two for sale at germanwarbooty.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast