Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My first feldpost!

Article about: Hi guys, Bought my first feldpost from a popular online auction site for \\$6. It is dated 14 May 1944. I only have these pictures so far, but once I get it I'll post some higher quality ones

?

Thumbs up My first feldpost!

Hi guys,

Bought my first feldpost from a popular online auction site for $6. It is dated 14 May 1944.

I only have these pictures so far, but once I get it I'll post some higher quality ones up.

The feldpost stamp is a little obscured, but from what I can see I think it is 30627 - which is apparently Panzer Regiment 35 - part of the 4th Panzer Army.

I love the neatness of the handwriting. Hopefully someday I can get somebody fluent in German to translate it for me.

My first feldpost!My first feldpost!My first feldpost!My first feldpost!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first feldpost!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My first feldpost!

Nice example in fine condition DioMac,

Many appreciate the simple Feldpost as an affordable way to add to a Third Reich period collection, and also with a little effort and research, one can often find out some interesting information about the writer and their unit's history. I agree with you regarding the nice handwriting too, a sadly all too rarely seen skill in today's modern world. Period documentation often display beautiful writing, the like of which is probably lost forever, so yet another reason to preserve these examples. Thank you for showing it.

Regards,

Carl

The 1st and many more will follow, i'm sure
    Congrats
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

It's an exceedingly low cost way of getting a piece of someone's history. I'll certainly treasure it. In some ways I think Feldpost can be more tangible than medals. I would certainly get a kick out of it if 70+ years from now, somebody purchased something I had written.

And yes, It's definitely the first of many!

?

Nice first piece!