Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first feldpost, need some help

Article about: Hi all, I got my first feldpost to go with some relic items im displaying, dont worry I wont ask anyone to decipher the entire letter I just need some help with what rank or position the sen

Default My first feldpost, need some help

Hi all, I got my first feldpost to go with some relic items im displaying, dont worry I wont ask anyone to decipher the entire letter I just need some help with what rank or position the sender was in, it was sent from koblemz, 3./ N.A.A 33 if anyone knows what that means it would be cool to know. The letter was written on dec 24 1942 and mailed out on dec 25, kinda cool having a xmas letter. it also came with a snow filled picture , if someone wants to decipher any other parts of it that would be appreciated but not expected.
    thank you for all your knowledge. My first feldpost, need some helpMy first feldpost, need some helpMy first feldpost, need some helpMy first feldpost, need some help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first feldpost, need some help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first feldpost, need some help
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first feldpost, need some help

That is a very neat feldpost, I also doubt that one with that date is common.

?

3 / N A A 33 is 3rd Kompanie Nachrichten Ausbildungs Abteilung 33 ( 3rd Company Signals Training Battalion 33 )
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

The letter says:

"Liebes Berndchen.

Zum heutigen Weihnachtsfeste sende ich Dir und dem lieben
    [...]elein die besten Glück- und Segenswünsche. Möge das liebe Christkind Euch Beide und auch den guten Vati beschützen und wieder gesund in die Heimat [...] kommen lassen. Mit Gottes Schutz wird sich schon alles zu unserem Besten wenden.
    Viele weihnachtliche Grüße an Dich,
    [...]elein und Mutter.

Dein Schwager

Karl
    "

Meaning:

"Dear Berndchen.

For today's Christmas festival, I send the best good wishes and blessings to you and to dear
    [...]elein. May the Christ Child protect you and dear father and have you [...] return home in good health. With God's protection, in the end all will turn out for the best for us.
    Many yuletide greetings to you,
    [...]elein and mother.

Your brother-in-law

Karl
    "

"Berndchen" is a diminutive/affectionate form of the male first name Bernd. I can't quite make out the first letters in the name of the woman referenced twice; the ending "-elein" is also a diminutive. (From the context, she is surely Bernd's wife and Karl's sister.)

wow that is amazing too know, thank you all for the help, and thank you for taking the time to translate, according to google they were french volunteers of the waffen ss, kompanie 57 signals later changed to 33, but that could be wrong since not many french guys are named karl lol.

There is some writing on the back of the photo if anyone wants to take a shot at it that would be appreciated
    My first feldpost, need some help
    Attachment 372082

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    wow that is amazing too know, thank you all for the help, and thank you for taking the time to translate, according to google they were french volunteers of the waffen ss, kompanie 57 signals later changed to 33, but that could be wrong since not many french guys are named karl lol.
    I don't think that 3 /NAA had anything to do with the waffen SS or the Charlemagne Divison , it was a Wehrmacht signals training unit !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thats what I figured, maybe I read the info on google wrong when I looked it up or im just a wishful thinker lol