Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My New Wehrpaß

Article about: Hi Everyone, Recently got this. I really enjoy it. Pure history. It's for Franz Dobmeier, a Corporal in the motorized infantry. He served Nov. 40-Sept41 with Inf.Rgt.20(mot.) of the 10.Inf.D

Default My New Wehrpaß

Hi Everyone,

Recently got this. I really enjoy it. Pure history. It's for Franz Dobmeier, a Corporal in the motorized infantry. He served Nov. 40-Sept41 with Inf.Rgt.20(mot.) of the 10.Inf.Div.(mot.), based in Germany till it took part in the June 41 campaign against Russia. He was KIA on 15-9-41. I love finding out the stories of soldiers unmentioned in the history books. I hope you like it.

Ryan

My New WehrpaßMy New WehrpaßMy New WehrpaßMy New Wehrpaß

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New Wehrpaß
    P
    Many

Default Re: My New Wehrpaß

Hi Ryan,
    Nice Wehrpass for sure. I collect Soldbuch and Wehrpass from German soldiers who were stationed here in the Kanalinseln, (Channel Islands, Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm) As they Occupied our Islands it brings that period of history to light. With some of the men who's books I have in the collection it is also possible to trace exactly where they were on the Islands, right down to the gun battery or the bunker they were using. Its been a bit quiet this year with regards to finding any for the collection but they do turn up every now and again. If anyone out there knows of Soldbuch or Wehrpass from the Kanalinseln then please let me know.
    There's always more to read and find out in the books than you think.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D

?

A nice Wehrpass Ryan , sometimes a pass like this is the most poignant , he did his service , went to Russia and shortly after was killed that's it ! I have a Stalingrad Wehrpass where the guy went to Stalingrad , his first time in combat , fought for a month in the City and was killed in action !! It is good that the History of these guys is preserved !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Nice one Ryan !

I am getting more and more interested in these documents and may start to collect some

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks guys. As you all know, there's something magical about holding these things in your hand. You can almost hear them speak. And Jersey34, I am only starting to realize the extent of reference books out there. Just the other day my dealer was showing me a great one that documents all the various 'tinnies' that were produced. Forgotten the name of the author though.

?

Obergefreiter Franz Dobmeier of 3./Infanterie Regiment 20 (motorisiert). Killed by artillery and also burned? while fighting in Dubrownoje.

My New Wehrpaß

Name: Franz Dobmeier
    Date of birth: 28.6.1920
    Place of birth: Tiefenthal
    Death/missing date: 15.9.1941
    Death/missing place: Dubrownoje

Gefallen: artillerie geschuß, verbrannt

Franz Dobmeier has not yet been transferred to another cemetery by the Volksbund. He may still be buried in Ssemjanowka. Klement Kolbinger also of 3. kompanie was killed the same day by artillery and was buried at Ssemjanowka at a crossroad to Dubrownoje. The regiment was fighting through the Sumy Oblast of Ukraine at this time. Ssemyanovka is now Simyanivka while Dubrownoje should be Dubovyazivka. The name is different but it is only 4km southeast of Simyanivka from the road. Atyusha and Popivka are two other modern villages that regiment casualties occurred at.