Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nazi Cigarette Cards???

Article about: If you peruse the link I posted earlier, you will understand the initial point I was making with my original post - that yellowing can happen naturally and is not always due to artificial ag

?

If you peruse the link I posted earlier, you will understand the initial point I was making with my original post - that yellowing can happen naturally and is not always due to artificial aging. This was a general post that addressed your comment regarding the yellowed appearance of the items in question. Regarding the use of the term "artificial aging", perhaps we did have different ideas when we wrote our responses to the thread - but in either way, we agree that these are poorly produced attempts to fool - using materials and methods that fortunately show their failings and defects in a patent manner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Cigarette Cards???
    P
    Many

Sorry I have not replied to this thread recently. I got these cards when I was in Turkey for 5 Lira, the equivalent to roughly $2.75. I figured that they were reproductions but for a really cheap price I did not worry about losing a lot of money! They actually look pretty decent in my display!

By the way,
    These are the only reproduction items that I have in my collection. I would never want to buy anything that had been refurbished or a known fake.
    Thaddeus

Sorry Carl, I did read the thread, but I thought you were saying the yellowing of said items was due to the quality of paper. I didn't realize it was a general statement, thank you for your response.
    I also agree with you that yellowing of paper can be a result, even in a short period, of oxidation due to poor paper quality. The link you provided was quite informative, thank you.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-02-2013 at 09:22 PM.

?

Glad that you only spent a small amount on these Thaddeus.

Regards,

Carl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2