MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Stationary Book

Article about: Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with this book I have. It''s a German stationary book. The Nazi elites would go through this book and pick out which stationary they wanted. Each examp

Default Nazi Stationary Book

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with this book I have. It''s a German stationary book. The Nazi elites would go through this book and pick out which stationary they wanted. Each example of stationary has perforations which spell "MUSTER". Muster means pattern or example in English which makes sense. However, on the 2nd page there is a Hitler bookplate that also has perforations which spell "MUSTER".

Can someone help me in anyway. Could this have been Hitler's personal copy? Or did the publisher put "MUSTER" on everything they printed?

Thanks for any information
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Stationary Book   Nazi Stationary Book  

Nazi Stationary Book   Nazi Stationary Book  

Nazi Stationary Book  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Stationary Book
    P
    Many

This appears to be a Sales Sample (Muster) offering Steel-Engraved Calling Cards etc...Either the manufacturer's copy or Hitler's...
    The ExLibris is the correct one, btw....Is this a GI BringBack from Berchtesgaden?
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks. I thought it unusual that they would put muster on the bookplate.

Of course they would...otherwise anyone could have pasted it on a book and sold it as Hitler's personal property...This is for the Printer's Own Protection...
    cheers, Glenn

I bought it at auction. Am I correct in assuming that you presume it to be a printers copy more so than Hitler's property? Or is there simply no way of knowing for sure.
    thanks

Quote by Billg36 View Post
    I bought it at auction. Am I correct in assuming that you presume it to be a printers copy more so than Hitler's property? Or is there simply no way of knowing for sure.
    thanks
    I can only speculate- Herbert Doering was the Berghof's Manager from 1935-43...The Card is dated 1937...The Printing Business -possibly a relative of Doering- was given the task of making samples for Hitler to look at while at the Berghof...and in 1945, a GI found it while trophy-hunting and brought it back...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks for the info. It's the pride of my collection regardless of its provenance. (I only payed $340 for it) You probably don't care but a library in Florida has a copy.

Doering'sche Buch- u. Kunstdruckerei, Kunstpr

A fascinating book and a decent price paid for it,no less! Nice pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That's pretty darn cool billg!