MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need help on find out what this is

Article about: So today while I out at some sales i happened to stumble across something quite odd. The two well things. To be honest these are the first items of their kind I have even seen. I cant make o

Joseph Hunnell
    ?

Question Need help on find out what this is

So today while I out at some sales i happened to stumble across something quite odd. The two well things. To be honest these are the first items of their kind I have even seen. I cant make out that much of it. All i can make out of it was Waffen SS.Need help on find out what this isNeed help on find out what this is

2. # ADS

Default Re: Need help on find out what this is

Hi Joe welcome to the forum...this looks like a document of some type put inside what looks like coin holders seen at coin stores. This may be best suited for the Third Reich documents forum section. I will move it there for you and someone will be able to help you with this. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with Larry, they are most likely cuttings from either (field-post) letters/envelopes or documents ink stamps.
    Wether they are genuine or not I cannot say but I am sure that Carl (Tiger88) will be able to give you more information about them.

Thank you, Glen.

?

I would tend to agree with the posts above. They appear to be cuttings from documents, although it appears that somebody didn't wait for the ink to dry. Whether or not they are period pieces would be difficult to say without opening the packets. Are the staples as shiny and new looking when the items are in hand?

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Welcome to the forum Joseph!

Joseph Hunnell
    ?

They (staples) look pretty dull, and if it was needed to open the packets i did manage to get two of them, but what i don't get is what they are made out of. My guess is by appearance, porcelain of some sort.