MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

NEED HELP PLEASE 1st class iron cross with document

Article about: Hi have just bought this in an auction and just realise after buying it , that the documents it’s not signed with the stamp on bottom left of the photo .i should have been more careful but

?

Default NEED HELP PLEASE 1st class iron cross with document

Hi have just bought this in an auction and just realise after buying it , that the documents it’s not signed with the stamp on bottom left of the photo .i should have been more careful but it’s worrying me now !
    Also it’s says
    (WW2 Iron Cross 1st class private purchased screw back example maker marked with award documents to Justin Bewald 5/INF REG 89.)
    don’t know if 5/INF REG 89 ever existed ?
    That’s the only photo I could get and not so clear .
    Any trough about some authenticity please ?
    Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP PLEASE  1st class iron cross with document  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP PLEASE  1st class iron cross with document
    P
    Many

Can't tell too much from the single photo. It's unfortunately " buyer beware " when it come to auction buys. The document seems nice and aged.

?

Yes the document seems nice and aged , but without the stamp can it be an official authentic document ?

The citation at least is a fake and I would assume that means so is the EK-I award itself.
    With the exception of a very few number of units, notably Inf.Rgt 16 in May 1940, Paratroopers in 1940 & 1941 at Crete and Inf.Rgt Grossdeutschland, all EK's were authorised at divisional level and above and so it should not be signed by a Major as that rank is too low to command a division. Infanterie-Regiment 89 was part of 12.Infanterie-Division and was renamed Grenadier-Rgt 89 after October 1942 so that helps to date the citation because the seller has obscured the date but the fact it is signed by a Major is enough for me to say it is no good.

?

Thank you .that make sense