Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need help on something German. Roster? for the 2nd Kompanie, Panzer regiment 1--as of late 1941-Leningrad Front.

Article about: As usual--ive no way of posting an image of this--yet. however, a few years ago in an auction, I was able to get a 2-page document that was billed as being a roster for the 2nd Kompanie of P

Default Need help on something German. Roster? for the 2nd Kompanie, Panzer regiment 1--as of late 1941-Leningrad Front.

As usual--ive no way of posting an image of this--yet. however, a few years ago in an auction, I was able to get a 2-page document that was billed as being a roster for the 2nd Kompanie of Panzer Regiment 1. This was apparently a list of the mens names of those who were currently serving in said unit. Some names are "X" off the list as those menwere Killed in Action.

This is a list of the Soldiers names but also has their addresses. Now, could anyone tell me if a WWII German Army Roster would also include the men's addresses? Ive never seen such on any roster ive seen online or in archives. If this is not a roster? then im assuming its part of a Kompanie Personnel info document?

These two pages also list the names of at least 2 men who by the time these were typed--had already won a Knights Cross as well as one of those two--won the Oak Leaves. Im assuming more on the list could have alos gone on to get the RK--or DKiG in the least. I dont know since I have not researched any of the names except for one man--who was a Leutnant--who by accident, I found out had served on General Erich von Mansteins staff before being sent on to serve on General Heinz Guderians staff as he apparently was one of his personal "Batman"

I have three original photos of Guderian in which this officer happens to be with him.

Anyway, besides the research value of these pages--I was wondering if anyone else here might have such paperwork in their possession and also if they know what the proper name of this would be?. As my German is VERY limited, I dont know what this is? "Anschriftensammlung der 2nd Kompanie" and im assuming its just an address list for these men?

Any help or suggestions will be very welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on something German. Roster? for the 2nd Kompanie, Panzer regiment 1--as of late 1941-Leningrad Front.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help on something German. Roster? for the 2nd Kompanie, Panzer regiment 1--as of late 1941-Leningrad Front.

If you can't post photos, please post some of the German text from the item and I will translate it for you.

Default Re: Need help on something German. Roster? for the 2nd Kompanie, Panzer regiment 1--as of late 1941-Leningrad Front.

Forgot to mention that these papers were carried by the Kompanie Spiess-who apparently was a Panzer Commander who also listed which names of his crew and their crew positions and of those who were replaced by the time he made these documents. By that time, apparently two of his original crew were Killed in Action.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    If you can't post photos, please post some of the German text from the item and I will translate it for you.
    thank you and, basically all it says besides the names and addresses is; Anschriftensammlung der 2nd Kompanie.

I know this aint much but anything you think will be welcome. Also, if you dont mind at another time? I have something called: Wehrmachtsagesbefehl????. I got this in a separate auction a few years ago and I since learned that it was an official German Army Radio Document that was about an action that included: Major Baron Peter von Le Fort and he was the Commanding officer or co-commander of Gebirgsartillerie Regiment 79. That document is long and wordy and ill see if I can dig it up in a few days or so and can post its contents here.

Best regards--HB.