Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Need opinions on some SS feldpost!

Article about: So I found some SS feldpost for sale and wanted to check your opinon about it. I find one part of the description a little bit odd: "Interesteing to note that on several of the earlier

Default Re: Need opinions on some SS feldpost!

Hi Daniel,
    we have this problem very often, those freaks add stamps on civil items to make them interesting. On a big online auction (I say no name) you find a lot of funny items which are absolut "original" from the Wehrmacht or the SS, because there is a stamp inside which says "Wehrmachteigentum" or something similar. You find Helmets from the German Police after 1945 which are 100% original , you find "original" german Wehrmacht Uniforms worn in the Vietnam War ( We have never been there) and after a while you smile about it. I could have posted a few auction links, but i dont not know its allowed here or not In the beginning it might cost you a little bit, and maybe it makes you angry, but but after a while you know what these "design freaks" create and then they cant rip you off anymore. So keep calm and carry on!
    Greetings
    El

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ElPresidente View Post
    Hi Daniel,
    we have this problem very often, those freaks add stamps on civil items to make them interesting. On a big online auction (I say no name) you find a lot of funny items which are absolut "original" from the Wehrmacht or the SS, because there is a stamp inside which says "Wehrmachteigentum" or something similar. You find Helmets from the German Police after 1945 which are 100% original , you find "original" german Wehrmacht Uniforms worn in the Vietnam War ( We have never been there) and after a while you smile about it. I could have posted a few auction links, but i dont not know its allowed here or not In the beginning it might cost you a little bit, and maybe it makes you angry, but but after a while you know what these "design freaks" create and then they cant rip you off anymore. So keep calm and carry on!
    Greetings
    El
    Welcome to the forums and thanks for the moral support

Thank you, i hope i could help a little bit
    Joerg

?

Hello my friend

Only an expert in hand writing will be able to tell if it's made by the same person or not. There can be many reasons for the differences, such as the environment he is writing in, Combat stress/fatigue, injury etc. If it's not too expensive i think it's worth trying out with a few select samples. Maybe you will get documentation that it's actually written by the same guy thus securing your investment. Who knows?

Regards, Lars

?

Although we all know SS Feldpost is being faked , usually just by the addition of SS Runes and a dodgy modern stamp , if this lot are not correct someone has gone to extraordinary lengths to completely fake a set this large and complex !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi guys,
    you dont really need an Expert for Handwriting when you take a closer look at the 2. set of pics and the short descriptions Daniel posted yesterday. This Lot leaves a bad taste to me.
    Cheers El

?

You are probably right, but stranger things have happened I will however not doubt the words of much more experienced Feldpost collectors!

Regards, Lars

Hi Lars, you are right! I collect this stuff for nearly 25 years and i saw a lot of funny things. Here we have a lot of people which sell nice and original items for a fair price. And from time to time you can find Items which have been sold on a auction in original condition a few weeks later with some new marks or text on it and a tripled price on another market place :-(
    Greetings Joerg

?

It's a shame some people destroy history like this!

Regards, Lars

?

I've asked my translator to have a look at them and confirm that they were written by different people.

I do agree with Joerg, they leave a very bad taste... Especially the letter that was sent from the "future". (written on the 7:th but post stamp says 6:th). Looks to me like the included letters might have been written by some faker or maybe it is just is civilian letters from somewhere. Then put in the envelope and add SS feldpost number to the envelopes back.

And yes I do agree with Paul as well, someone has gone to extraordinary lengths to completely fake a set this large and complex. As he mentions when people fake SS letters they usually just add SS runes and some bad SS feldpost stamps, but it seems like this is a group that has been worked in a whole other direction. By just adding Feldpost numbers maybe they thought it would be more subtle and harder to find out.

I'm happy I find this out now, before having them translated which costs a small fortune. That would have been really bad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast