Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New collector of german Feldpost need some tips

Article about: Hi! As the thread title says, I'm a new collector of German feldpost and i am looking for some advice. First of all, i bought a bunch of German feldpost and i want to know if there is any da

?

Arrow New collector of german Feldpost need some tips

Hi! As the thread title says, I'm a new collector of German feldpost and i am looking for some advice.

First of all, i bought a bunch of German feldpost and i want to know if there is any database on the internet where i can look up from what units these feldposts where sent from.

Also, do you know any good website "stores" and "ebay" sites where i can buy German feldpost? I am also interested in English field post (American, British, Canadian etc) and Swedish fältpost. So if you know any sites where i can get these as well, please tell

And, what is the value for a normal german feldpost? I heard someone say there was 30-40 billion German feldpost sent during the war! Why is it that the american field post is so insanly expensive? I was on ebay the other day and checked and tryed to bid, but every american field post from ww2 went for 100-200 dollars.

Is there many fake's? Any advices on detecting fakes is appreciated!

I have not had time to translate all my german feldpost. I bought about 30 feldposts, i will upload the letters translated when im done with it, if there is any intrest here from anyone to read them?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New collector of german Feldpost need some tips
    P
    Many

Default Re: New collector of german Feldpost need some tips

Like everything else, it's faked, especially is it is a desirable unit. There is a Feldpost book on the market, but the cost is very high (£100+) some of us have the CD, but it's very difficult to obtain.

If you post the numbers, there are people that will help you out
    Price for a letter is approx £1 each.
    And the script takes some getting used to, lots of Germans cannot read it

I would agree with John.

I can help on Feldpost numbers. But don't ask for too many at once.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Like everything else, it's faked, especially is it is a desirable unit. There is a Feldpost book on the market, but the cost is very high (£100+) some of us have the CD, but it's very difficult to obtain.

If you post the numbers, there are people that will help you out
    Price for a letter is approx £1 each.
    And the script takes some getting used to, lots of Germans cannot read it
    What is faked? I do not understand ><

Feldpost letters are faked. As I Said, desirable units (like GD & SS) command more money so therefore they are faked

And sometimes ordinary Feldpost items are beefed up with the addition of a fake official stamp so that an ordinary Heer Feldpost envelope is magically turned into one supposedly from a member of the SS. Have a look at this thread which is a perfect example of what we mean...
    German SS feldpost - Authentic check

If you do ask for the unit behind a FpNr try and include the approximate date of the item if you can. Some FpNr's have alot of units assigned to them through the course of the war.

Peter sells Feldpost - Janssen-Militaria

?

Some good advice as Hucks and others say unfortunately as prices have risen it has brought feldpost to the attention of the fakers who are now starting to churn out especially SS !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings