Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Norvegian SS recruiting poster

Article about: Hi what do you think about this, printed on thick almost cardboard type paper? Too good to be true? Rgds Jan

Default Re: Norvegian SS recruiting poster

Looks very good, aging looks OK, but only in ones hands can one get the real feel.
    A nice sample indeed 8)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Norvegian SS recruiting poster
    P
    Many

Put it under a black light. If the white lights up like a Christmas Tree, then it contains Titanium White in the ink dyes. Titanium White came online far after WWII. Other ways can be checked under a microscope.

Looks like this poster was printed in three different sizes:

-34x48,5 cm
    -50x70 cm
    -71,5x102 cm

What was the size of this one? I'd love to have one of these myself, they don't come around too often though.. that "Kampf Um Norwegen" pamphlet/brochure you've got is a nice one btw!

Jan
    ?

The size is 54 x 40 cm:s.

Rgds Jan

Jan: That is an awesome poster. I think I would frame and display regardless.

Luke

Quote by Jan View Post
    The size is 54 x 40 cm:s.

Rgds Jan
    Aaah... ok, thanks for the info! These Damsleth posters are pretty rare and desirable, looking for an SS-Skijegerbataljon poster myself..

Bullmann
    ?

Old thread, I know and not meaning to spoil anything, but this poster isn't original.
    My field of collecting is posters, and I know the feeling of being uncertain about a piece. However I would like to conclude on this one, because I collect propganda posters from all nations in general, and I have many Norwegian ones, because I'm Norwegian myself
    I do not have this poster but I have seen 4 or 5 originals of it, and have many of the other known Norwegian Waffen SS posters and NS posters myself. I have been collecting these for the last fifteen years and know the author of the most extensive book written about these.
    First of all it is important to note that as a previous poster points out, this poster was printed in the approximate sizes of 32 cm. x 48 cm, 50 cm. x 70 cm. and 70 cm. x 100 cm, and that's it. The author I am talking about, Tom B. Jensen, that has written the book "Parti og plakat", has done some really thourogh research and interviewed both artists behind the posters and printers, before they passed away.
    Secondly the paper you describe is wrong, it's too thick, I'm afraid.
    Thirdly the colours and the printing are too bleak and dark.

Jan
    ?

Yes it´s a reproduction. I have got rid of it so not to let anyone else get fooled by it in the future. Thank You for your comments!

Best,

Jan

Gents,

Here is an original from my collection. It has been linen-backed to preserve this beauty.

Very best,
    Scott
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norvegian SS recruiting poster  

Nice poster !!!

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast