Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSFK urkunde

Article about: I'm pertty sure this is genuine... May i ask what's your opinions on this? Does anyone know if it came with a medal or somthing?

dave34
    ?

Default NSFK urkunde

I'm pertty sure this is genuine...
    May i ask what's your opinions on this?
    Does anyone know if it came with a medal or somthing?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK urkunde   NSFK urkunde  

NSFK urkunde   NSFK urkunde  

2. # ADS

Default re: NSFK urkunde

It is an original certificate for flying a powered model aircraft.

Cheers, Ade.

dave34
    ?

Thanks Ade
    Actually i was just sitting wondering IF it was just a model he flew :-)
    Will try to find pics of that on the internet...The model flying that is

So knowing this i doubt there where anything else given along with this urkunde.

BTW
    Found this other nsfk "thing" recently
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK urkunde   NSFK urkunde  

I agree with Ade, it looks to be original, although I don't think this was issued with any kind of table or non-portable medal. The award certicates for those items were much different in appearance. Attached is a photo of an NSFK non-portable award with the certificate contained within the top lid of the award case.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK urkunde  

Dave, to clarify, Ade was correct in indicating the urkunde is for a "powered model flight competition." Also, the second item is not NSFK related, but is related to the DLV (Deutscher Luftsport-Verband.) It was essentially the forerunner of the NSFK when the NSFK was re-established in 1937.

dave34
    ?

Default Re: NSFK urkunde

Hi einflieger
    Thanks for enlightening me on the nsfk/dlv stuff...It's an interesting "branch" of the TR and one i'm trying to stick to :-)

Dave, you're very welcome. I'm definitely not what I would consider an expert, but I have five pages of NSFK items on my website that you might find interesting. Always nice to connect with other NSFK and DLV collectors! I never look at them as competitors, just partners in preservation of these terrific items. All the best!

dave34
    ?

Great to "meet" you..I have had your www in my favorites for quite some time now. Impressive :-)

Maybe you know this...It's my friend, the old resistance guy, who told me he was at "roskilde" airport back in...must have been 36-37..A friend of his, of german origin, took him to this airport to try flying..Every boys dream at that time he says :-)
    He told me he went a few times but as he realized that "an ideology" seemed more important than the flying itself he quit.
    The friend who introduced him to these gliders moved to germany with his family where he, now in his mid teens, joined the HJ.
    They lost contact and my mate joined the resistance here in Copenhagen.

What i think, and what he cant remember, is...It must have been the DLV? What do you think..Do you know if they went abroad tryin to find pilots material or...?

Thanks again

Dave

Dave, thanks for the kind words about the site, I appreciate it. I just added a new page dedicated to German female glider pilots of the pre-war years you might find interesting.
    If your friend was there in 1936, it would have been the DLV. The transition from DLV to NSFK occurred in 1937.
    I have never heard of them going out and looking for candidates, especially from outside Germany. It may have been a chance enoucnter where one person invited the other to go along and give it a try.
    Someone who is more up on BDM and HJ stuff might be able to provide more information, but as I recall, all German kids had to enlist in the NSFK or the BDM for service. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong on that.)