Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nuremberg ? interesting photo.

Article about: As I have no definitive proof who's in this photo I'd appreciate some different perspective other than my own. Appears to have been ripped from an album. No date.

Default Nuremberg ? interesting photo.

As I have no definitive proof who's in this photo I'd appreciate some different perspective other than my own. Appears to have been ripped from an album. No date.Nuremberg ? interesting photo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nuremberg ? interesting photo.
    P
    Many

Isn't the bald guy Julius Streicher?Nuremberg ? interesting photo.

Same uniform, it's who I thought it might be. Thanks for posting this photo.

According to what I could find about him, it would seem to indicate this photo was taken prior to 1940. It seems he was stripped of his offices in February of that year and basically disappeared from public life.
    It also seems likely, from comparison to quite a few images, that this was the 1938 Nuremburg rally.

It Does look to be Streicher....the old misanthrope...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A friend here has pointed out that the fellow on the left is Willy Liebel and the fellow on the right is Karl Holz.

Karl Holz had hair,though? And, yes-the man on the left does look to be Willy Liebel!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Willy Liebel (wearing SA uniform with Oberführer collar patches, Ehrenführer lanyard and longevity sleeve stripes for a 1925 join date) is looking at the camera. Julius Streicher (wearing PL uniform with Gauleiter collar patches) is the bald man seen in profile. Karl Holz (wearing PL uniform with Stellvertretender Gauleiter collar patches) is the man touching his nose seen between them.

The photo was taken at the 1935 Reichsparteitag. (Under magnification, the day badge worn by Liebel can be made out to be that for the 1935 RPT.)

Andreas for the win! I had at least one guy right! I have google searched that image and tried to find the uniforms to no avail. Like Mr. Clean and Yul Brenner, Julius is hard to miss!

What a mystery solved. Thank-you. I thought it was an interesting photo when I purchased it several years ago. They were all smiles in 1935, how they turned against one another at the end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast