Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Odd photo album in German w German Chemists Factories

Article about: I think this may be a gift of some kind? Given out to members or workers? The names appear to be all doctors or chemists, there are photo's of the factories exteriors showing Nazi (Swastika)

Default Odd photo album in German w German Chemists Factories

I think this may be a gift of some kind? Given out to members or workers? The names appear to be all doctors or chemists, there are photo's of the factories exteriors showing Nazi (Swastika) Flags as well as the interior of the factories or labs. It feels to be a period album, although the photo's are prints, not actual, on a semi-glossy paper. Pages measure about 5" x 7" and they are bound with linen tape. About 42, single sided pages. Linen board bound. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Odd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists FactoriesOdd photo album in German w German Chemists Factories

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd photo album in German w German Chemists Factories
    P
    Many

Still looking for any info on this album. Thanks!

KarenFC,

Could you possibly take some more scans or pictures of the exterior of the factory? I did a quick search and found Professor Doctor Heinrich August Bernthsen, and Heinrich Appenzeller. Bernthsen was the managing director of Badische Anilin und Soda Fabrik which was located in Ludwigshafen am Rhein. Appenzeller was a chemist that worked on dyes. The factory name today is known as BASF. I can't be 100% sure but this album may also have a connection to the IG Farben industry, also located in Ludwigshafen. My wife and family come from Ludwigshafen and my wife's uncle worked at both IG Farben and BASF during WW2 and after WW2. My wife may be able to provide a little more insight on this album and the chemists that are in the album.

There is a good chance that this is a photo album for the founders of the Company BASF given to supporters of the factory during the Third Reich Period.

This is the name of a book on the history of BASF. "German Industry and Global Enterprise: BASF: The History of a Company"

I will do some more research on this and see what else I can come up with. Interesting album..

Smitty

Been almost 3 months and no replies from KarenFC.. Does anyone know this individual?

Would like to know if more information has been revealed..

Smitty