Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Olympics Porcelain Torch Bearer Olympics Berlin 1936

Article about: I've seen a couple of these for private sale and I would to get some other opinions on this item. It looks like the statue was well kept and since I don't see these things every day in flea

Default Olympics Porcelain Torch Bearer Olympics Berlin 1936

I've seen a couple of these for private sale and I would to get some other opinions on this item. It looks like the statue was well kept and since I don't see these things every day in flea markets I'm not sure how authentic these are. any comments will help.

Thanks

Olympics Porcelain Torch Bearer Olympics Berlin 1936

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Olympics Porcelain Torch Bearer Olympics Berlin 1936
    P
    Many

Any chance of some more detailed photos please?..

I'll have to request some. The detail is good but I just can't find any information other than ebay or other auction places. There is one for sale at rare original Third Reich porcelain torch bearer souvenir of the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin and they claim it is very rare.

This would not be for me as I don't believe that has anything to do with the 1936 Olympic Games.

Look at the hairstyle on the figure, it does not look period to me, and if you then add the lack of any Olympic rings or any HJ diamond or other logo to the vest of the figurine and then factor in a corresponding lack of aesthetic merit that the original souveneirs do have(in spades) I really think that you could do better, given the asking price.

Their not rare and can be bought for 150-200.00. I dont recall the mark and not sure I ever tried to date one. Their common pieces.

I agree with some of what you say ajax, but since I haven't seen this statue at the "flohmarkts" and thrift stores in Germany and I'm not sure about the date or rarity. I think I'll pick it up anyway just in case I don't get a chance to buy the complete statue, the asking price is $200 (hope to settle at 150)and it includes the original torch top that I've only seen on one web site. I think it would look nice with all the other Olympics kitsch In the mean time I'll keep researching the this and try to find at least a picture of one in one of the thousands of book, news papers and brochures that are still around. In the mean time any more comments are welcome!!!