Become our sponsor and display your banner here

one new EK2 cert

Article about: Hi everyone Got it 3 weeks ago from Germany. For a Marine , issued in Wilhelmshaven ,signed by the Commander and Admiral of the marinestation North sea. Thanks

?

Default one new EK2 cert

Hi everyone

Got it 3 weeks ago from Germany.

For a Marine , issued in Wilhelmshaven ,signed by the Commander and Admiral of the marinestation North sea.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030008.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	129036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030013.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	129037  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: one new EK2 cert

It looks good to me, I'll move it down to the paperwork section for the folks there to take a look at.......

I'm not sure about this one. The signature is supposed to be of Eberhard Wolfram and the citation does look ok but he was never promoted to Admiral. The highest he got was Vizeadmiral (one rank below Admiral) and he was a Konteradmiral at the time of the date shown on this citation (one rank below Vizeadmiral). Interestingly there was a brief discussion over another citation possibly signed by Wolfram on the WAF but the signature does not match this one at all.
    The WAF topic...
    Help need with doc - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

However the signature in the first post (which I believe is a stamped example but better photos with the citation out of the plastic folder will help) does match an example posted on http://www.dokumentenforum.de and that one also has his rank as Admiral. So is the one on WAF not Wolfram's signature or is the one on Dokumentenforum a fake (perfectly possible)?

?

man! i cant wait to hear what the outcome is of this. The other site's "wolfram" signature looks nothing like this. I wonder what one is authentic. I find it odd that both documents list him as Admiral though

?

Thanks everyone,so this is bad or good one??

I posted this & the example from the Dokumentenforum Forum on the WAF and it seems like the one on the German site is incorrect as it is in fact the signature of Admiral Hermann Densch. So I would say that your citation looks perfectly ok.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    I posted this & the example from the Dokumentenforum Forum on the WAF and it seems like the one on the German site is incorrect as it is in fact the signature of Admiral Hermann Densch. So I would say that your citation looks perfectly ok.
    Hucks,

Could it be a clerical error, I know the AG Corp can't get it right with Windows and spell check combined with a database!

Perhaps these were prepared incorrectly by a unit clerk and were as EK2 of such low importance at that time, they were simply signed off without so much as a glance as I'm sure they had more important things to get on with such as losing the war?

Jock

Having checked on ABR, Admiral Densch was Commanding Admiral of the Naval-Station of the North Sea (29 Nov 1939-28 Feb 1943) which is the unit designation just above the signature seen above whereas Wolfram was Commander of Security of the North Sea (06 Apr 1940-03 Apr 1943) so the details seen on the EK citation above do tie in with Densch. Whether the signature above is a stamp or not only better photos will tell but either way I think this citation is original.

Good to See a Friendly constructive Debate, and a positive outcome. Out of interest I would like to see close up scans of Sig. Strong possibility this is a stamp Signature. And as a Wise Collector pointed out to me, There very hard to fake, stamped Sig that is. I'm sure with time you will find another one just like this.