Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Opinions on this Michael Wittmann letter

Article about: page 334 "Michael Wittmann and the Waffen SS Tiger Commanders of the ..., Volume 1" Robert Pertuss is mentioned

page 334 "Michael Wittmann and the Waffen SS Tiger Commanders of the ..., Volume 1" Robert Pertuss is mentioned

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Herr Robert A Pertuss team changed the rear 700mm idler for a smaller 600mm one in Feb 1944..
    Tiger Ebbey ..... - RC Tank Warfare

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    Bilderarchiv 1933-1945 my German is not good enough but this looks interesting..proof of the meeting
    This link is in the opening post.

Whatever its just an opinion.

All the letter needs is for him to have mentioned discussing it with Sepp and you would have it all. Sorry, but I am not a believer in the originality of the letter.

Feckin love this line.

We front soldiers, who entrust our young lives to this steel colossus

Whatever its just an opinion.

im old and blind..delete it please

Discussion on this forum about a Fake Wittmann letter a couple of years ago Michael Wittmann signed Urlaubsschein... - Militaria Forums

What I believe is a genuine signature can be seen here: Michael Wittmann - Militaria Forums

Another example can be seen in post # 42 of this thread: Wittmann Clipped Signature - Page 3 - Militaria Forums

And post # 47 which is very interesting because it looks like 2 different signatures even though they are on the same document: Wittmann Clipped Signature - Page 4 - Militaria Forums

I would like to see a macro photo (taken with strong side lighting) of the front and reverse of the document section with the "Wittmann" printed details which are in the top left of the letterhead (viewed from the front) as this type needs to be letterpress printed.

Is this possible Alan?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I wonder what changes were proposed?....
    Given what was going on around April '44, I would have thought an extra couple of reverse gears would have come in handy!

Stefan, I will request closeups of the front and back of the letterhead section from the seller. I think he will be willing to provide them. I will ask for strong side lighting as well. I will post them here.

This will be interesting to see. Thank you very much for your help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast