Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Ordensburg - Sonthofen

Article about: Last week, picked up a couple of maps originally from the Ordensburg - Sonthofen. The Ordensburg still stands to this day, intergrated into a bundeswehr garrison. From time to time I've drov

?

Default Ordensburg - Sonthofen

Last week, picked up a couple of maps originally from the Ordensburg - Sonthofen. The Ordensburg still stands to this day, intergrated into a bundeswehr garrison. From time to time I've drove past it, although it dominates the surrounding area, very little from its furnishings appear anywhere, occasionally the odd knife & fork turn up at the fleamarket, but not much else. Seeing these two maps in a second-hand shop, I couldn't wait to get my money out.
    The maps measure 90cm x 72 cm ordanance style produced by the German & Austrian Alpen Club - 1935 cover the Allgäuer and Lechtaler Alps, an area just behind the Ordensburg. In themselves, a couple of mundane items, but still not something you find every day.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ordensburg 1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	242178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O)rdensburg 2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	242179  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ordensburg 3.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	242180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ordensburg 4.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	242181  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Picked up a couple of Ordensburg Postcards - a young lad operating a small lathe - unwritten printed at the Ordensburg Sonthofen. Second Postcard, Ordensburg May Pole written, printed and sent from Ordensburg Sonthofen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burg 1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	616973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burg 2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	616974  

?

Bought this enamel sign "Verbotener Eingang" over a year ago from a worker I know, who at the moment is working in the Odernsburg Sonthofen. The Odernsburg is part of Generaloberst - Beck - Kaserne in Sonthofen, which due to a reconstructing of the Bundeswehr is being renovated. 100 million is being spent on the camp, the Ordensburg is to be converted into a hotel, the renovation should have been completed some time in 2013, now they hope to be finished in 2014. This sign "Forbidden Entrance" a good size 35cm x 20cm (14"x 8") comes out of the cellar where the Waffenkammer (arsenal) was.

Name:	Burg 11.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	616985  

Some very cool items there Alec!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...