MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Original Ahnenpass

Article about: Hello thought i could share this with you.... it consists of an ahnenpass of my family, logically untill the forties I always was fascinated by this document... well, it shows very well how

Default Original Ahnenpass

Hello

thought i could share this with you....
    it consists of an ahnenpass of my family, logically untill the forties
    I always was fascinated by this document... well, it shows very well how paranoia/crazy/obsessed these nazis were
    the redd cross through the eagle my dad did when he was a child in the fifties (i blurred the names in photoshop)

here are some scans, just a few of then, of the in total 48 pages

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Front page of Ahnenpass

The Ahnenpass (literally ancestor passport) documented the Aryan lineage of citizens of Nazi Germany.

The investigation for lineage was not obligatory as it was a major undertaking to research the original documents for birth and marriage. Many Nazi followers had already begun to research their lineage even before law required it (soon after the NSDAP took power on 30 January 1933).

One important law which was issued on 7 April 1933 (after the Nazi assumption of power) was called the Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service, and it required all public servants to be of "Aryan" descent. The law, however, did not define the term "Aryan" and a subsequent regulation was issued on 11 April 1933 as the first legal attempt by the Third Reich to define who was, and who was not, a Jew. The implementing decree followed the pre-Nazi trend found in the Aryan Paragraph[1] and read in pertinent part that:

„Als nicht arisch gilt, wer von nicht arischen, insbesondere jüdischen Eltern oder Großeltern abstammt. Es genügt, wenn ein Elternteil oder ein Großelternteil nicht arisch ist. Dies ist insbesondere dann anzunehmen, wenn ein Elternteil oder ein Großelternteil der jüdischen Religion angehört hat.“
    "Those are not Aryans who descend from non-Aryan, especially Jewish, parents or grandparents. It is sufficient (grounds for exclusion) for one parent or grandparent to be non-Aryan. This is particularly assumable if a parent or grandparent adhered to the Jewish religion."

The applicable fields were later enlarged under different laws to include lawyers, teachers, medical doctors and finally requiring a proven Aryan lineage even to attend highschool. Usually, the lineage was investigated four generations back.

Contrary to popular belief, the Ahnenpass was not public record - the document was shown where required and returned to the bearer. The term Aryan in this context was formally referencing Indo-Germanic tribes but the primary objective was to eliminate Jews from all high positions in German society. The requirements for Aryan descent differ among the different laws that were issued in Nazi times - the Reichserbhofgesetz (farmer land heritage law) notably required 100% for the lineage back to 1800 just as higher positions in the SS demanded a "pure" Aryan lineage back to 1750.

As a result, genealogical research particularly flourished in Germany during the Third Reich.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Ahnenpass
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Original Ahnenpass

it' an interesting item. i have some in my collection and my family'stoo