Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Original WW2 Photos

Article about: In my short time of collecting I've come across many photographs from the WW2 era. However, I struggle to know what photographs are originals, and which are copies. I have a handful of photo

Default Original WW2 Photos

In my short time of collecting I've come across many photographs from the WW2 era. However, I struggle to know what photographs are originals, and which are copies. I have a handful of photographs, but here is the only one I currently have a picture of to show. Is there a good way to tell the original photos from the copies? I'll do my best to upload more pictures soon

Original WW2 Photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original WW2 Photos
    P
    Many

Need to see both sides. NH

Here's the back of the photograph. I was told the Russian stamp was some sort of stamp of approval the Soviets issued for any German related bring back items during and after WW2. But I'm honestly not sure so any info is much appreciated!

Original WW2 Photos

?

Well know fake originating in Ukraine / Russia . You really need to research the information re originals / fakes we have provide on this forum .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I've spent the last half hour looking through threads and am yet to find anything particular to authenticating German photographs

I would have been very hard to miss this 273 page thread on "authenticating photos"
    Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

I was afraid the back would have this fake stamp and signature. A Ritterkreuz recepient photo that is original would command a good price. The story you got about Russian stamping is jut that - a story. NH

?

chbingle, take a good long look at that scribble and printed markings present on the reverse of your photograph...and try to remember how it looks...and if you ever see it again, stay well clear. These catch out so many people and have been doing so for a long time. Better luck next time is all I can add.

Carl

?

...and you should pick up a UV light for "black light testing" against known period paper and contemporary paper items. Very useful tool - although not all you need, patently...

The thread linked earlier contains some fine advice / tips, you would do well to read through and perhaps even consider making some brief notes to help your search for period prints in the future.

Carl

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I would have been very hard to miss this 273 page thread on "authenticating photos"
    Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    You will see that the answer to your original question is part of the first post on this thread we created some years ago which now has 273 posts to assist those wanting to collect phtos . Studying the vast amount of info included on the thread will assist you greatly if you want to collect photos.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings