Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Otto Funk signature.

Article about: Hello guys, I'm sorry to dig up an old thread, and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread... but I have always wanted a signed photo from Otto. I placed a bid on e-bay for a signed p

Default Otto Funk signature.

Hello guys, I'm sorry to dig up an old thread, and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread... but I have always wanted a signed photo from Otto. I placed a bid on e-bay for a signed photo of him, but now that I see other signatures from him I am starting to question whether the photo I bid on is authentic or not. The man claims that all of his signings are authentic, but I cannot help but notice some differences between the signatures.

Here is a random signature of Otto Funk from the site: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...-otto-funk.jpg

And here is the item I bid on: German D-Day Panzer Otto Funk Grenadier signed PHOTO | eBay

I have contacted the seller and here is what his response was: "To give you the background of the Otto Funk signature several years ago I personally corresponded with him while he resided in Buseck, Germany. Mr. Funk was a great guy and was more than happy to autograph the 4x6 photographs that I sent him the two times that I corresponded with him and return the signed photographs to me in the United States as long as I sent him Euro Notes to cover the return S&H and a little extra for troubling him for his signatures. Unfortunately he never sent me a letter providing me with further details regarding his experiences during WWII he would just autograph the photographs and return them to me."

If I could get some opinions on the subject I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

RIP Otto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Otto Funk signature.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 12-06-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Photo added.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Otto Funk signature.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Otto Funk - 12th SS

Hi Nick

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure Paul E will be able to help you with this

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: Otto Funk signature.

I've moved this one to a more appropriate forum for opinions and added the photo from eBay.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the help!

?

Nick re the signature there are several differences between my originals direct from Otto and this one personally i don't like it !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you for your help, Paul. I already bid on the item before I became suspicious of it, I will have to purchase it anyway now. Mistake by me. I've always wanted an Otto Funk signed photo and this was the only one I could find on the net. If you happen to see any others or know of one I could purchase, I would greatly appreciate a notification. Thanks!

?

Quote by Nick1944 View Post
    Thank you for your help, Paul. I already bid on the item before I became suspicious of it, I will have to purchase it anyway now. Mistake by me. I've always wanted an Otto Funk signed photo and this was the only one I could find on the net. If you happen to see any others or know of one I could purchase, I would greatly appreciate a notification. Thanks!
    No problem Nick , Otto signed a lot of photos so you'll find a good one !! I had quite a few spares from my own collection but they have all gone !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings