Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paris tour book, SS inscription

Article about: Hello. I hope this is the correct sub forum to show this book. From what I understand, it is a tour book on Paris. The inscription in the front pages is wishing someone a happy birthday, and

Default Paris tour book, SS inscription

Hello. I hope this is the correct sub forum to show this book. From what I understand, it is a tour book on Paris. The inscription in the front pages is wishing someone a happy birthday, and supposedly signed by an SS member. I have no idea if this is period correct/done or not. I'm looking to sell it soon, but I want to be certain of what it is before I post it so I am not misleading anyone If additional pics are needed, please let me know and I can provide them. I'm not familiar with what you paper, document and book experts need to see.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paris tour book, SS inscription   Paris tour book, SS inscription  

Paris tour book, SS inscription   Paris tour book, SS inscription  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paris tour book, SS inscription
    P
    Many

Default Re: Paris tour book, SS inscription

The book by Ode, of which there are many still extant is of the 1943 era and is, as you said, a tourist book for Paris. I see nothing alarming about it that would cry fake. It is an interesting book,although not wildly valuable despite the intriguing inscription, and I would not mind having it myself! A very nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Re: Paris tour book, SS inscription

I think it's original, the metro stations havethe corect name during the war.