Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Paul von Hase - Operation Valkyrie

Article about: Just a simple award document for the Spange to the EK II, but it has a signature that I find significant. That of Generalleutnant Karl Paul Immanuel von Hase, a member of the resistance to H

TWS
    ?

Default Paul von Hase - Operation Valkyrie

Just a simple award document for the Spange to the EK II, but it has a signature that I find significant. That of Generalleutnant Karl Paul Immanuel von Hase, a member of the resistance to Hitler and participant in Operation Valkyrie. He was an uncle of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, the famous Lutheran pastor who also took part in the conspiracy. It was von Hase who ordered Major Otto Ernst Remer of the Infantry Regiment Großdeutschland to seal off the government quarter in Berlin during the subsequent coup d'état attempt. In the trial against him and a number of other members of the plot at the Volksgerichtshof on 8 August 1944, he was sentenced to death and hanged later the same day at Plötzensee Prison in Berlin. There is a memorial plaque at his former residence at Giesebrechtsraße 17, Berlin-Charlottenburg (photo credit: Axel Mauruszat 9 March 2008). This document stems from the period when he commanded the 46. Infanterie-Division.

Paul von Hase - Operation ValkyriePaul von Hase - Operation ValkyriePaul von Hase - Operation ValkyriePaul von Hase - Operation ValkyriePaul von Hase - Operation ValkyriePaul von Hase - Operation Valkyrie
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul von Hase - Operation Valkyrie
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

That is great Todd! Thanks for showing this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Some very interesting history on what could have been a pivotal event in WW2.

Thanks for posting this Todd.

Andy

Very interesting Todd - cool bit of history.
    nick

Good contribution of History once again with a document from your collection, Todd.
    He was one of the worthy men who washed with his blood the dishonor of the criminal government of his country.

Todd, will you allow me to upload some pictures my son Alex took in October 2018 at the Benler Block Memorial in Berlin?

Regards.
    Santi.

TWS
    ?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post

Todd, will you allow me to upload some pictures my son Alex took in October 2018 at the Benler Block Memorial in Berlin?

Regards.
    Santi.
    Sure thing. We're on the topic of operation Valkyrie, so go for it. I cannot remember if it was this forum or another, but someone had uploaded a bunch of photos of their visit to the Bendler Block and it was very interesting.

Thanks Michael, Andy, and Nick!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks Todd
    My son's trip to Berlin was in August 2018, not October.

This first picture is from the net

The red arrow points to Paul von Hase

Who could be 18 again

Todd, you have given me an idea about a man. We who follow the thread "Show your signed photos" know well and about which I did a small study. And by the way my son wrote to him and we received a reply. I'm going to translate it.

Regards.
    Santi
    Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 03-04-2020 at 09:01 PM.

TWS
    ?

You can simply post it if you want and I can translate it.

I visited Checkpoint Charlie at almost the same exact age (I was 17). I hate to show my age, but it was still an active checkpoint during the Cold War when I was there! - for just a couple more years though.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Very nice piece of history Todd
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings