Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Period German Camera

Article about: Hi chaps, not sure if this is the right place to ask about this but here goes. At the moment I am in Cornwall for a few days on holiday and have just picked up this camera. All I can find on

Default Re: Period German Camera

Possibly uses 620 roll film, if it's still available these days. It might say what type
    to use on the inside. I have an old Kodak from the 1920's or 30's with a lens
    made by 'Schneider Kreuznach' - they are still in business.

Ben, on the front of the lens cover there is a rectangular metal 'foot' which
    pulls out. You can then display the camera in an upright position.........

Last edited by Walkwolf; 09-18-2012 at 02:06 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not really period but close ... 1951 East German Beltica.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	460592_304222249684678_515897063_o.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	398756  
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,
    Join my Facebook group -

Ben: The full name for the company is Kamera-Fabrik Beier, which was located in Freital, Sachsen. During WWII, the company was contracted for production to U-boats and the Luftwaffe, but I don't know exactly what they supplied, but maybe they provided specialty cameras. In 1945 the Soviets dismanteld the entire factory ansd shipped it to Russia. The company subsequently became part of the East German camera producing industry under Pentacon. The camera you have uses 120 paper-back roll film, which is hard to find and expensive. I found similar 620 film rolls available in the US for about $40 a roll, but I found no 120 rolls at all. Current prices for your camera range from $20 to $60 in the US depending on condition. The Bierax I was a very popular mid-price camera after it was introduced in 1935. Dwight

Again guys many thanks for your time, I think I will leave the film and have the camera on my shelf as a collectors piece lol mind you it would be worth it to get a roll of film just to try it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12