Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?

Article about: Hello, I have the opportunity to purchase these photos. The first set is a photo album of a German soldier. Really not a lot of military photos. The second set is allegedly from a Panzer div

Default Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?

Hello,
    I have the opportunity to purchase these photos.
    The first set is a photo album of a German soldier.
    Really not a lot of military photos.
    The second set is allegedly from a Panzer division.
    The guy wants $150 for all photos.
    Can you give me an idea what they are actually worth (approximate).
    I kind of think $150 is too high and would like some opinions.
    Please help.
    Thank you in advance.

UP FIRST IS THE PHOTO ALBUM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?   Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?  

Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?   Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?  

Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?   Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?
    P
    Many

More from the Photo Album
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?   Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?  

Please help!!! Photo album and panzer pics - value?  

The last set are allegedly photos from a Panzer Division.
    The very last pic he told me are of approximately 30 additional photos from the occupation of Paris.
    He said he showed them in bulk because they didnt show much.

?

Sir, You are asking for advice since you feel 150 is to much. Well I dont really understand such thinking since i only collect with preserving our history in mind. In my world there is no such words as "to high" or "to low" when putting an value on an object.

If you FEEL the asking price is to much, then let it go. You are supposed to feel good when you are taking care of the history.

My 2 centavos worth

"In my world there is no such words as "to high" or "to low" when putting an value on an object."
    "You are supposed to feel good when you are taking care of the history."

First off, I like to preserve history as much as the next guy but (maybe unlike you) I do not have unlimited funds to spend.
    Second, there is such a thing as market value on any item.
    There is such a thing as overpaying for an item.
    And I always feel much better about taking care of the history when I dont pay through the nose for an item.
    When I buy an item for my collection I would like to know that if I ever sold the same item I would at least get my money back.
    So, no offense but your 2 centavos doesnt really help me muchas.

?

TrondK did put it into perspective, huh! I agree with him to an extent.
    I will say that The album is pretty common, a lot of pre to early war days and mostly his RAD service from what I saw. Not what I personally collect, but some do. The other mixed lot has a few nice shots in it, the panzerjager pics/France etc.
    You could buy all of these and have a decent quantity of photos (instant collection), or you could take that $150 and seek out some high quality singles or a group of photos that specifically fit your collecting interests, which is what I personally do. I like to say that "most of the time Your gut instinct will guide you in the right direction!" haha

I agree with Bill - I'd pass. You will end up with more than
    a few random pics that have no actual relation to the
    military - what appears to be family, holiday and/or
    'on leave' shots.........
    Regards,

Steve.

What if I wanted to make an offer on the Panzer grouping alone, what would you value that at?

I usually go $2 to $4 a photo on average, but they have
    to have fairly decent subject matter.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Anton, for me the asking price is not unreasonable. Personally I would never attempt to "split up" the album as the more interesting shots will loose their context. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast