Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Default Re: Post your death notices

Very fine card you got!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Evgeni, the grouping he has is outstanding. He got the original photo from the card as well as solduch/etc. The Oberfeldwebel was part of the 7 Infanterie Division. That unit had many high award holders.

I wonder if it was common for more than 1 tank destruction badge to be awarded on the same day like his were?? Im guessing it would mean that he Killed 2 tanks during the same day...or within a very close timeframe?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Heres an interesting and sad one.....given to me as a gift from a friend, who has the entire grouping of this man. Out of respect to him, I wont post the name/etc. However this Oberfeldwebel is a double tank destruction badge/Sonderabzeichen winner, both of which were awarded simultaneously late 1942. He was killed during the battle of Orel while serving with a Panzerjager battalion in July 1943.
    A very nice card Bill!
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello egray!

I'm from Hungary.
    I have a question. Is the Death Card about Hansi Widmann original, or a copy?

?

Hi guys, Another interesting one from a short-lived unit, but one "full of heart".

Obergrefrieter Anton Besendorfer was a member of 15. Luftwaffen-Felddivision. This Division was literally raised in the Southern sector of the Russian front at the end of 1942 and destroyed/disbanded by October 1943. The Division took up position along the Mius River in early 43'. This is where Anton was killed, at Pokrovskoye.....just 10-12 miles North of Taganrog on March 15, 1943 at 23 years of age.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lwFD anton.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	544907  

?

a couple new Luftwaffe Felddivision Sterbebilder. Both men were killed in the winter fighting of 1944 on the Eastern Front

Does anyone know where Krimamizy is? I cannot find it on any maps.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Does anyone know where Krimamizy is? I cannot find it on any maps.
    It says Kriwawizy, actually. I can't find the place as such on the map, either, but google-ing for it yields several references to soldiers who died at that location. The secondary information at those sites places it somewhere in the Oblast Nowgorod.

That is correct indeed. I couldn't fine the place either, probably it was completely destroyed during the war or/and renamed. I was able to find the place Cherenchetsy (30 km from Staraya Russa) on the River Lovat (quite well known place for heavy combat in the area).

Forum der Wehrmacht | Druckvorschau: Mein Vater Georg Burger | Seite 1

So he died just before Starorusskaya-Novorzhevskaya offensive: Старорусско-Новоржевская операция — Википедия

Google translate job again

Hope that help.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It says Kriwawizy, actually. I can't find the place as such on the map, either, but google-ing for it yields several references to soldiers who died at that location. The secondary information at those sites places it somewhere in the Oblast Nowgorod.

?

Thanks a lot guys! Your time is very Much appreciated.

And Good find Evgeni!!!!
    With this new information, I would likely assume that this Jager was part of the 16th Armee as a member of the 21. Feld Division (L) who (like Evgeni has linked) had fought around Staraya Russa/Novgorod. Right after his death, they would be pushed back to the Panther Line.
    Thanks again for helping to put history behind this mans service and sadly, his demise.

Always welcome!