Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Default Re: Post your death notices

Very fine card you got!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Evgeni, the grouping he has is outstanding. He got the original photo from the card as well as solduch/etc. The Oberfeldwebel was part of the 7 Infanterie Division. That unit had many high award holders.

I wonder if it was common for more than 1 tank destruction badge to be awarded on the same day like his were?? Im guessing it would mean that he Killed 2 tanks during the same day...or within a very close timeframe?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Heres an interesting and sad one.....given to me as a gift from a friend, who has the entire grouping of this man. Out of respect to him, I wont post the name/etc. However this Oberfeldwebel is a double tank destruction badge/Sonderabzeichen winner, both of which were awarded simultaneously late 1942. He was killed during the battle of Orel while serving with a Panzerjager battalion in July 1943.
    A very nice card Bill!
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

csuka86
    ?

Hello egray!

I'm from Hungary.
    I have a question. Is the Death Card about Hansi Widmann original, or a copy?

?

Hi guys, Another interesting one from a short-lived unit, but one "full of heart".

Obergrefrieter Anton Besendorfer was a member of 15. Luftwaffen-Felddivision. This Division was literally raised in the Southern sector of the Russian front at the end of 1942 and destroyed/disbanded by October 1943. The Division took up position along the Mius River in early 43'. This is where Anton was killed, at Pokrovskoye.....just 10-12 miles North of Taganrog on March 15, 1943 at 23 years of age.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

?

a couple new Luftwaffe Felddivision Sterbebilder. Both men were killed in the winter fighting of 1944 on the Eastern Front

Does anyone know where Krimamizy is? I cannot find it on any maps.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Does anyone know where Krimamizy is? I cannot find it on any maps.
    It says Kriwawizy, actually. I can't find the place as such on the map, either, but google-ing for it yields several references to soldiers who died at that location. The secondary information at those sites places it somewhere in the Oblast Nowgorod.

That is correct indeed. I couldn't fine the place either, probably it was completely destroyed during the war or/and renamed. I was able to find the place Cherenchetsy (30 km from Staraya Russa) on the River Lovat (quite well known place for heavy combat in the area).

Forum der Wehrmacht | Druckvorschau: Mein Vater Georg Burger | Seite 1

So he died just before Starorusskaya-Novorzhevskaya offensive: Старорусско-Новоржевская операция — Википедия

Google translate job again

Hope that help.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It says Kriwawizy, actually. I can't find the place as such on the map, either, but google-ing for it yields several references to soldiers who died at that location. The secondary information at those sites places it somewhere in the Oblast Nowgorod.

?

Thanks a lot guys! Your time is very Much appreciated.

And Good find Evgeni!!!!
    With this new information, I would likely assume that this Jager was part of the 16th Armee as a member of the 21. Feld Division (L) who (like Evgeni has linked) had fought around Staraya Russa/Novgorod. Right after his death, they would be pushed back to the Panther Line.
    Thanks again for helping to put history behind this mans service and sadly, his demise.

Always welcome!

Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast