Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

?

Nachname:
    Fiala
    Vorname:
    Herbert
    Dienstgrad:
    Untersturmführer
    Geburtsdatum:
    Geburtsort:
    Wien
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum:
    Todes-/Vermisstenort:
    Andrejewka nordostw. Barwenkowa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

?

damn paul....what a card and history. Just sad to read.I really wish we got to see a face,because Im greedy like that. . and here I was thinking my ss Normandy card was a cool find. Yours blows mine out of the water,although we are speaking of the dead and where they fought. Still an absolutely rare card to be able to get it down the kompanie. Excellemt

?

Thanks Bill , quite unusual to be able to find out as much info on an individual who isn't a High Award Winner.

Fiala was one of a Cadre posted in from the Deutschland Regiment , i have two photos of an Untersturmfuhrer from Btl Narwa but cannot confirm that it is Fiala !!

?

Have a couple new ones to share.

Here is one to a man who I believed took part in the battles POST Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, when the Red Army was approaching and attacking the west bank of the Vistula.....in a place called Praga (Praha), the Eastern Suburb of Warsaw. The Soviet Army (and the 1st Kosciuszkvo Division of the Polish Army) started their Assault on Praga on September 10th, and only 3 days later Josef would fall defending Praga on the Vistula of Warsaw.

Can someone tell me the medal Josef is wearing? Looks like the Communismus medal, but I don't think so for some reason. Interesting card and thanks for any info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Post your death notices  

Here is one I just picked up.
    Ludwig Boxleitner killed on the 9th November 1942, Stalingrad. Fallen for the fatherland.
    Just before the soviets launched operation Uranus.
    Post your death noticesPost your death notices

Its a Croatian medal: The Croatian WW2 Medals

Google Image Result for http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--QjfnCWpYD8/UXwgbasElOI/AAAAAAAA-iE/1yniySzajag/s1600/Croatian%2Bvolunteers%2BWehrmacht%2BHeer%2BIron%2B Cross%2BHrvatska.jpg

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Have a couple new ones to share.

Here is one to a man who I believed took part in the battles POST Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, when the Red Army was approaching and attacking the west bank of the Vistula.....in a place called Praga (Praha), the Eastern Suburb of Warsaw. The Soviet Army (and the 1st Kosciuszkvo Division of the Polish Army) started their Assault on Praga on September 10th, and only 3 days later Josef would fall defending Praga on the Vistula of Warsaw.

Can someone tell me the medal Josef is wearing? Looks like the Communismus medal, but I don't think so for some reason. Interesting card and thanks for any info.

?

Evgeni, thank you so much! Like the site says.....the official name: "Medal of Poglavnik Ante Pavelić for Bravery". So from my understanding this is like any other foreign medal awarded to German soldiers......they could have fought bravely along side the Croatians, Were in a Croatian auxillary unit or similar themselves, Were a Croation citizen, or did something in the country that merited the award. Am I understanding correctly? Either way, this is pretty neat to see on a DC.

Yes, Bill, I guess that is exactly the case. You do not see them often in wear, so a good one for sure

?

Heres another one.....I cant figure out the StuG Brigade he was with. He was KIA in/around Ratibor, Poland....on the Czech Border on February 1, 1945. Oddly enough I found a photo of Volksturm in that area at the time.
    Georg Hattinger was a Oberwachtmeister in a StuG Brigade. Cant make out the numbers on his boards. He was nicely decorated for an Unteroffizier, EKI + II, Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber (probably GAB), Sudetenland w/ prague bar, wound badge, and shooting lanyard!

If anyone knows of a StuG Brigade around Ratibor Poland in winter 1945, please let me know. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

This one is quite interesting not a KIA but still interesting.

Post your death notices

Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast