Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

Hauptfeldwebel Johann Stief, from a medical company.

Hi awards included the EKII, Sudetenabzeichen, Ostmedaille, and KVKII with swords. He took part in the invasions of Poland, Belgium, France, and the Soviet Union.

He was finally killed in an air attack in Upper Silesia on January 20th, 1945, at the age of 30. His place of death is listed as Feldlazarett (mot.) 268, so I assume this was his own medical unit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Three Kaltenbacher brothers, all killed in the East Front.
    I see that they were from my hometown. Achdorf was once a separate community but had already been incorporated into the city of Landshut in 1928.

I once even had a co-worker named Kaltenbacher. He may well have been from the same family.

By the way, the printing company that made the cards (Bosch-Druck) is still in business today.

Johann Capeller, engineer in a pionier unit, died on 12.4.45 in a POW hospital in Focsani, Romania, a the age of 19.

He is listed in the Volksbund registry as 'Johann' Capeller, and is buried at the war cemetery in Focsani, Block 2 Grab 8/A.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I see that they were from my hometown. Achdorf was once a separate community but had already been incorporated into the city of Landshut in 1928.

I once even had a co-worker named Kaltenbacher. He may well have been from the same family.

By the way, the printing company that made the cards (Bosch-Druck) is still in business today.
    That's so cool. Stuff like this is why I enjoy posting these cards.

Gefreiter Franz Lehner, medic in a medical company, KIA 20.8.41 in the East by a "gunshot wound to the heart".

Andreas once explained to me that heart- and head-shots were probably not the actual case, but just a way to make the death sound a little more peaceful and valiant.

And finally, the last cards- two brothers killed about a year apart on the East Front.

Gefreiter Karl Frauscher, member of an infantry regiment, died on 14.2.42 at Kriegslazarett 906 (Lkb.4691) in Vitebsk, following a severe wound, at the age of 28.

Unteroffizier Josef Frauscher, KIA 15.1.43 (Maybe in Stalingrad? His record does not exist.) at the age of 27.

Post your death notices   Post your death notices  

By the way, with 41 pages of replies, why is this thread not stickied?

?

Oberfeldwebel Josef Günzkofer DKiG Winner with 2 / Panzer Regt 11 , 6 Panzer Division KIA on the Dnjepr .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Post your death notices

Oberleutnant Friedrich Andreas "Fritz" Schaller
    Date of birth: July 14th, 1910 (Munich/Bavaria, Germany)
    Date of death: February 1st, 1942 (Soviet Union)

Oberleutnant (1st Lieutenant)
    Unit: 3. Kompanie, Pionier-Bataillon 268, 268. Infanterie-Division, Heer
    Awarded on: February 21st, 1942
    Details: Awarded posthumously.
    Although already promoted to Hauptmann on his day of death, the awarding was done with the rank of Oberleutnant.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Albert Christoph
    born in Kagers,
    Soldat in Geb-Jäg regiment.
    Not a lot of informations but a coloured back side.

Post your death notices

Post your death notices

Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 ... LastLast