Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast

Post your death notices

Article about: That depends really Dagon, i can read the printed words on the death cards but actual handwritting can be a totally different matter, it can be quite difficult sometimes but i could try

?

A friend of my grandmother who died during an air raid of either the british or americans.

The text translated reads:

"In pious remembrance and prayer

to Fräulein

Gabriele Klinger

Daughter of a master butcher from Wasserburg
    Head-Nachrichtenhelferin in Munich

who died in an accident during a terror-attack
    on the 22th september 1944 at the age of 23 years

"Oh lord give her eternal peace!
    Our Lord.... Ave Maria"

Post your death notices

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your death notices
    P
    Many

Being that the rank of Schutze is an SS rank, Wenger was therefore in the SS?

Those Death-Cards are of the most depressing Items at WRF, therefore I never wanted to have them in my collection... "Died a heroic death for Führer and Fatherland" at the age of 21... it might have been 60 years ago, but its still sad to see all those boys and girls just being burned up in masses as"Kanonenfutter" for a narcissistic Leader.. and then converted to Heroes to make their relatives feel "better" by giving their death some "sense"... dying for abstract concepts like Fatherland and honour... Where they Heroes or just young men that got tricked or forced into something they maybe did not even understand or believe in? In my very humble opinion they are more victims than heroes - i say that with ALL my respect for them.. May they be feasting in Valhalla with their fathers..

No, Wenger was in the Heer. Schütze is also a Heer term. He served in the Jagdkommandos which tended to be used to hunt partisans.

Quote by Dillinger022 View Post
    Being that the rank of Schutze is an SS rank, Wenger was therefore in the SS?
    As said above, he was in the Army.

The Army designations for the two lowest Private ranks (Schütze/Oberschütze, Kanonier/Oberkanonier, Reiter/Oberreiter etc.) were adopted by the Waffen-SS in 1941 and used instead of the SS designations SS-Anwärter and SS-Mann, which remained in use for the rest of the SS.

So, Schütze is an Army rank that was merely carried over into one specific branch of the SS.

Quote by Komoto View Post
    A friend of my grandmother who died during an air raid of either the british or americans.
    It was the 301st Bombardment Group (Heavy) of the USAAF 15th Air Force flying from Lucera in Italy that raided Munich on 22nd September 1944. They were equipped with B-17's.

?

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Those Death-Cards are of the most depressing Items at WRF, therefore I never wanted to have them in my collection... "Died a heroic death for Führer and Fatherland" at the age of 21... it might have been 60 years ago, but its still sad to see all those boys and girls just being burned up in masses as"Kanonenfutter" for a narcissistic Leader.. and then converted to Heroes to make their relatives feel "better" by giving their death some "sense"... dying for abstract concepts like Fatherland and honour... Where they Heroes or just young men that got tricked or forced into something they maybe did not even understand or believe in? In my very humble opinion they are more victims than heroes - i say that with ALL my respect for them.. May they be feasting in Valhalla with their fathers..
    Countless of sad cases concerning very young soldiers. Here you have a 17 year old Waffen SS soldier who died on the Eastern Front and until this day has not been found

Post your death notices

Waffen-SS Rottenfuhrer Alois Kitzler who died on July 21st, 1941, on the Eastern Front from shell splinters at 21 years old.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your death notices  

Quote by Dillinger022 View Post
    Waffen-SS Rottenfuhrer Alois Kitzler who died on July 21st, 1941, on the Eastern Front from shell splinters at 21 years old.
    Here is his Volksbund details and once again his body has not been recovered. Knowing the area where he was killed might help in narrowing down what unit he belonged to (can't tell if the collar patch shows a Totenkopf or the SS runes).

Nachname: Kitzler
    Vorname: Alois
    Dienstgrad: Rottenführer
    Geburtsdatum: 12.02.1921
    Geburtsort: Naarn
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 21.07.1941
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: Dubrowy

Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen befindet sich sein Grab derzeit noch an folgendem Ort: Solzy - Russland

After doing some research, I'm confident that he was indeed a member of 3.SS-Panzer-Division "Totenkopf" as that was the only Waffen-SS division in the area of Solzy at the time.

Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 ... LastLast