Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Poster "Achtung! Kauft nicht bei Juden!"

Article about: After getting burned on a big purchase a few months ago I've been a little gun shy and mostly picking up relatively inexpensive items that I find interesting. This is one of those items. It

Default Poster "Achtung! Kauft nicht bei Juden!"

After getting burned on a big purchase a few months ago I've been a little gun shy and mostly picking up relatively inexpensive items that I find interesting. This is one of those items. It is a poster/flyer printed on a heavy oiled paper and measures 20cm X 29cm. It reads "Achtung! Kauft nicht bei Juden!" or "Attention! Do not buy from Jews!" There is a year date stamp on the bottom right and something else that I cannot make out. Anyway I just wanted to share it with the forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poster "Achtung! Kauft nicht bei Juden!"   Poster "Achtung! Kauft nicht bei Juden!"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Poster "Achtung! Kauft nicht bei Juden!"
    P
    Many

To be honest, I have my doubts.

The eagle is of the "armed forces" style, which would not be utilized for Nazi party material. Also, the word "Nicht" is capitalized, which is incorrect, as it should be spelled with a lower case "n". Finally, the Jewish boycott, where posters with such slogans were widely used, took place in 1933, not 1937.

?

I have to agree. There are certainly several issues with this piece, as outlined above by Andreas. Glad to hear that you didn't pay much for this one Cazador, as I am afraid it is no good. Whenever possible, post on the forum before you make a purchase. There are many learned and helpful folk here that are only too wiling to assist.

I agree with all of the above...There are many reputable dealers in Germany selling original items at affordable prices...I recommend PhillipMilitaria to you...it's time you stopped getting ripped off, friend!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    it's time you stopped getting ripped off, friend!
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn is correct. Use the forum correctly and it will save you a lot of money.

Ah yes another fake. I'm glad that I got out of this one cheap. It's frustrating that there are so many fakes out there. I just want a couple of legit items to go with other military items that I have in my room but can't seem to get anything authentic. I appreciate all of the feedback and will heed the advice to post on the forum and/or do more research before buying. I'll also check out Phillip Militaria as recommended. Thanks again.