Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Poster Translation Please

Article about: In need of some expertise please guys, I picked this up a couple of weeks ago, in German & Dutch. Any ideas what it's saying please? The poster is made from a linen type material. Differ

Default Poster Translation Please

In need of some expertise please guys, I picked this up a couple of weeks ago, in German & Dutch. Any ideas what it's saying please? The poster is made from a linen type material. Different I suppose, but no use if you don't know what it says

Any help would be appreciated please.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poster Translation Please   Poster Translation Please  

Poster Translation Please   Poster Translation Please  

Poster Translation Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Poster Translation Please
    P
    Many

My German is rusty these days to say the least but I think this "Erlass" or decree is a declaration / proclamation of martial law in the provice of North Holland ( one of the 12 provinces in NL if I recall).

It is probably more complicated than that but I think it is setting out the basic principles of such martial law.

I am sure we have native speakers here who will do the job properly but it is blowing a few cobwebs out of my "Sunday morning after the night before" fog !
    Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It says:

"DECREE
    on the
    proclamation of Police martial law in
    the Province of Northern Holland.

In accordance with §§ 62 ff. of the Ordnungsschutzverordnung 1943 [Decree for the Protection of Order 1943], I declare

POLICE MARTIAL LAW

for the territory of the Province of Northern Holland effective immediately.

I combine this with the order for everyone to refrain from all activities capable of disturbing or endangering public order and the security of public life and to adher to my special directives that I declare while expressly pointing out the severity of Police martial law.

Those who counteract this order are subject to sentencing by Police courts martial.

The Higher SS- and Police Leader undertakes all measures that he sees fit to maintain or restore public order or the security of public life.

The Higher SS- and Police Leader may deviate from applicable law in order to carry out his mission.

As my special representative according to § 65 of the Ordnungsschutzverordnung 1943, I appoint the representative for the Province of Northern Holland and the City of Amsterdam, Dr. Schroeder, as his deputy, the State Judge Schwebel.

The Hague, 30th April 1943.

The Reichs Commissioner
    for the occupied Netherlandic Territories:
    SEYSS-INQUART.

SPECIAL DIRECTIVE.

In accordance with § 62, section 3, of the Ordnungsschutzverordnung 1943 and expressly pointing out the severity of Police martial law, I order for the Province of Northern Holland:

1.) Those who participate in public riotous assemblies of any kind;
    2.) those who refuse work, even if only by passive conduct,
    who strike or
    who lock out the work force;
    3.) who carry or own firearms, batons or stabbing weapons;
    4.) who manufacture, spread or own leaflets that are suitable to create a disturbance of public order;
    5.) who put up resistance to public force,

become subject to sentencing by a court martial and thus, in accordance with § 66 of the Ordnungsschutzverordnung 1943, are punished by death as a matter of principle.

Attempt, instigation and abetment are punishable in the same way as the fulfilled act.

The Hague, 30th April 1943.

The Reichs Commissioner
    for the occupied Netherlandic Territories:
    SEYSS-INQUART."

Oh my word! Thank you so much, I thought that I might get a "general idea" of what it said, not a full blown translation. Thank you Mark, for you effort, but thank you HPL for the time and effort you have put into writing this down. Really.....thanks