Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

promotion document for 1./ss-Leibstandarte?

Article about: I have what looks to be a promotion document in field for a Rudolf MeiB. here is what is says 1./ ss-Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler Jm Felde , den 29.8.1941 An Dem SS-Strm. Rudolf MeiB, geb. 06.

Default Re: promotion document for 1./ss-Leibstandarte?

Two different types of SS typed on this. I can't see how the last one should be so different to the others. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture promotion document for 1./ss-Leibstandarte?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement promotion document for 1./ss-Leibstandarte?
    P
    Many

I have to agree with the above comments, there are too many red flags to even consider it, There is one other thing that stands out above the rest.................. The stamp is WRONG

?

Im not sure I can see the difference between the SS runes in the beginning and at the end. Can someone tell me what these red flags are other than an unreadable stamp (which I can make out SS verfungstruppe along the top and Artillerie something on the bottom) and the fact that it seems informal on such a scrap of paper. What are the red flags?

?

What makes the stamp wrong?

?

The document has two sets of runic ss type and one in the rank section of normal ss type, as i said two different unit designations are used , i don't like the signature either it looks contrived !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Just noticed we have two different versions of Art ?? Art Stand and Art Abt this guy was the worst clerk in the LAH He didn't even know which unit he was in !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Yes it is curious that there are two versions of the SS I had not considered that before but if the rune tab is available as it obviously was to type the rest of the paper it seems like they could have used it if they had wanted to. this document is very informal maybe to mark a field promotion until later? I have never been fond of the signature either. It is so simple that it could easily be a page from a period book (so it wont glow) and typed out on a period typewriter.

?

doesnt standarte stand for regiment and abt. translate roughly to group? which is a smaller body of the regiment. Im not sure I think that reasoning is the best either.

?

Standarte was the early designation of SS Units , later in the war this term wasn't used as they became Regiments or Abteilungs.

An Abteilung could be anyhting from Btl strength up to the size of say Armee Abt Narwa,

The bottom line is the clerk who prepared the document should know the designation of the unit.

Far too many mistakes on this one

1st July 1916

?

Thanks for all of your info and help with this one! I have had questions for many years since I bought it on ebay from europe for really cheap. I then stuck it in a book and forgot about it for almost ten years. anyway question answered I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast