Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question for the German Newspaper/Propaganda Experts

Article about: Excuse my ignorance, I have no idea about these things. There is a local auction here tomorrow and apparently there are a few of these newspapers up for bid. Just wondering if they are worth

Default Question for the German Newspaper/Propaganda Experts

Excuse my ignorance, I have no idea about these things. There is a local auction here tomorrow and apparently there are a few of these newspapers up for bid. Just wondering if they are worth grabbing, and what they would be worth on the open market? Just so I don't go to high in the bidding.

This is the only picture from the auction site.

Thanks for any info.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question for the German Newspaper/Propaganda Experts
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question for the German Newspaper/Propaganda Experts

The Illustrierte Beobachter was an NSDAP publication of the pictorial press that began prior to 1933. Each big city had illustrated dailies that made much use of photos. Many of the established pictorial dailies in the Weimar period were owned by interests which the Nazis sought to destroy, and the party publishing house wanted to offer a similar platform to compete with the existing dailies or weeklies. Also, photographs were a vital medium for the Nazis, as well.

- - Updated - -

These are well represented in say, advanced book exchange or Zentralverzeichnis antiquarischer Buecher, and you can find your price.

Thank you! They don't seem to be very expensive. Maybe I can get them cheap, but people seem to bid like crazy around here.

Well, I got them. 5 for $70 including auction fees. All wartime dates. Pretty much paid retail, but at least I saved them from the two clowns I was bidding against...both dealers.

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    Well, I got them. 5 for $70 including auction fees. All wartime dates. Pretty much paid retail, but at least I saved them from the two clowns I was bidding against...both dealers.
    well done.