Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question on original document with Hitler's signature.

Article about: Here is another shot I have. I'd have to go back home to get a better one.

A34
    ?

Default Question on original document with Hitler's signature.

Hey Guys,

My dad has a document he got in 1970 that is a promotion document signed by Adolf Hitler. If memory serves me correctly the doc is from '43 and about 18" long and promotes a German doctor to I believe a Colonel.

My dad got this from a former US Army Major who was over there and was dying of cancer. He had married a German Girl and was selling his memorabilia to send her back home after his death.

I asked about the value of this at a recent gun show and several guys told me it was probably fake, or a machine generated document as Hitler probably would not have personally signed just anyone's promotion orders.

So, did the Nazi's use machine generated documents with Hitler's signature automatically printed on them? If so, how would I determine if this doc has a real signature or is machined generated?

I want to get it insured, but I'm not sure of it's value or authenticity at this point. I went with my dad when he bought it, so I know the GI was legit, but that's about it.

Thanks for any help !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question on original document with Hitler's signature.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question on original document with Hitler's signature.

Yes its quite common that Adolf Hitlers Signature was printed (Facsimile) but as you can imagine its easily forged!
    A scan of the document is the only way anyone here could possibly tell if its printed & or Faked.
    Dan

A34
    ?

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Yes its quite common that Adolf Hitlers Signature was printed (Facsimile) but as you can imagine its easily forged!
    A scan of the document is the only way anyone here could possibly tell if its printed & or Faked.
    Dan
    Thanks, next time I'm home, I'll take a digital photo and post here.

Does it look like either of these two facsimile Hitler signatures - one on a promotion document and one on an 1936 Olympic Medal citation?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question on original document with Hitler's signature.   Question on original document with Hitler's signature.  

A34
    ?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Does it look like either of these two facsimile Hitler signatures - one on a promotion document and one on an 1936 Olympic Medal citation?
    It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I want to say it looks more like the second one. Although, not really like either. My dad's about 2 hours away, I'll be visiting in the next week or two and check it out again and take a photo and post it. Thanks for posting that !

firestorm
    ?

[QUOTE=A34;109712]Hey Guys

send a scan to vie1@aol.com.thx.

gary

A34
    ?

Finally got a chance to take some pics of the doc. What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question on original document with Hitler's signature.  

I'd say that the signature in the bottom right of the citation is the original signature with the Hitler one being a facsimile, but a better photo would help to be sure - close up and taken from directly above.

A34
    ?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    I'd say that the signature in the bottom right of the citation is the original signature with the Hitler one being a facsimile, but a better photo would help to be sure - close up and taken from directly above.
    Thanks, any value in being a facsimile? I need it for insurance purposes.

No value in it being a facsimile as such. As a document obviously it has some value and without knowing who it is made out to & who the signature belongs to in the bottom right so assuming it is just a normal document of its kind I would say around $120-170.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast