Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare Award Document

Article about: The Germans were known for the many awards they presented, some for almost anything, German ingenuity, including this rare combat one recently discovered. Must have been a secret weapon. Sor

Default Rare Award Document

The Germans were known for the many awards they presented, some for almost anything, German ingenuity, including this rare combat one recently discovered. Must have been a secret weapon. Sorry guys but you will have to translate it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Award Document  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Award Document
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare Award Document

...for spitting at the enemy.....??
    ...from general Sweinknoff??
    I think it is a fake document!!

Quote by stuka f View Post
    ...for spitting at the enemy.....??
    ...from general Sweinknoff??
    I think it is a fake document!!
    I'm surprised that someone really took this seriously But... knowing the magnitude, the hundreds, of German awards anything may be possible Recognition was an important, a very important, part of T.R. life.

After saying this, this one was meant to be a joke and think for a moment how many gullible collectors would purchase it. An individual who I knew many years ago made it and sold it at many militaria shows here before moving to Florida.

It does prove a point though

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    think for a moment how many gullible collectors would purchase it
    Richard, A joke it may be, but i feel quite offended that you call collectors "gullible"

As I look at it, the more of this type of crap that gets put about, and passed of to the unsuspecting, only means we have lost one more collector when he/she finds out the truth.

Collectors only become "gullible" when they are, as Doug so aptly described as being "done up the rear end" and they rely on "us" (the collecting/dealer fraternity) to guide them as best we can.
    Just my opinion

To be honest,i never commented,due to the fact it wasn't worth a reply IMO. Stewy S

I'm pleased that some opinions have been expressed, as was mine. However this does not negate the fact that there are collectors, many of them, that would purchase bogus documents such as this one ... unfortunately!

Collectors buy c**p like this simply because of the language barrier, they cannot read German and rely on those who are "dealers" selling things like this. Most novice collectors don't really know if a dealer is a good one or a bad one until they get bruned and then they may deserve to get burned simple because they don't do their homework! These are, in my opinion, gullible!

Definition from the Merriam-Webster dictionary - gullible "Easily duped or cheated"

So, if any are offended by what I said, my opinion, then I apologize, even though I do not feel that one is necessary.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    To be honest,i never commented,due to the fact it wasn't worth a reply IMO. Stewy S
    I find your non-comment rather interesting because it's items like this that should be being brought to the attention of collectors, especially novice ones. I posted it in the light of a joke and, once again, my point was made ... IMHO.

Richard,i believe it would of been better to post this in it's full extent (knowledge). Explaining the pit-falls & "dodgy/gullible" stuff to new collectors,rather than try to see what folks thought of an "April fool" item that you knew to be such. Stewy S

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Richard,i believe it would of been better to post this in it's full extent (knowledge). Explaining the pit-falls & "dodgy/gullible" stuff to new collectors,rather than try to see what folks thought of an "April fool" item that you knew to be such. Stewy S
    Stewy... you may be right but unless the person can read German, they wouldn't know any better ... joke or not. I can almost guarantee you if this were to be put on ebay, playing dumb as quite a few do when selling stuff and asked questions about it or when they describe the item, it would most likely bring a myriad of those vying to own this "rare" piece of history. Not puzzling at all. LOL!

Ebay would "pull" it,just due to what it represents. Nevermind what it says spoof or not. You're a good guy Richard,lets help the "newbies". Rather than confuse them. Stewy S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast