Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RARE GERMAN LEAFLET TO SOVIET 286TH RIFLES DIVISION,LENINGRAD FRONT 14x9cm

Article about: Some times i pick up German propaganda leaflets whilst trailing the flea market out in St Petersburg . The scarcest were locally printed and attempt to persuade troops of specific units oppo

Default RARE GERMAN LEAFLET TO SOVIET 286TH RIFLES DIVISION,LENINGRAD FRONT 14x9cm

Some times i pick up German propaganda leaflets whilst trailing the flea market out in St Petersburg . The scarcest were locally printed and attempt to persuade troops of specific units opposing in what became often very static position warfare. This example states ' FIGHTERS OF 286 RIFLES DIV ,COLONEL TSARINOVA ! WHY ARE YOU HUNGRY ?' ( Of course Famine was the issue the German leadership hoped would break Leningrad)
    The picture on the other side shows Red Army Prisoners re clothed in german uniforms (minus insignia !)
    No doubt it would have been dangerous for a Red Army Man to be caught reading this !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RARE GERMAN LEAFLET TO SOVIET 286TH RIFLES DIVISION,LENINGRAD FRONT 14x9cm   RARE GERMAN LEAFLET TO SOVIET 286TH RIFLES DIVISION,LENINGRAD FRONT 14x9cm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RARE GERMAN LEAFLET TO SOVIET 286TH RIFLES DIVISION,LENINGRAD FRONT 14x9cm
    P
    Many

Default Re: RARE GERMAN LEAFLET TO SOVIET 286TH RIFLES DIVISION,LENINGRAD FRONT 14x9cm

Nice item Rob. As you say, very dodgy to be caught with this!

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: RARE GERMAN LEAFLET TO SOVIET 286TH RIFLES DIVISION,LENINGRAD FRONT 14x9cm

can someone translate whats on the back

?

Nice item Rob i have some that were used on the Soviet troops at Narva , i'll have to find them and post them.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I can translate the jist of it . Basically the paper states .
    ' Look at how well your comrades are faring after they came over to our side . Your Colonel Lushnikov has made up all sorts of reasons for your present suffering . Dont believe a word of him , all staff officers are like that ! We Know of your situation from those that already came over. End this hatred and come out of your positions over to the German side.
    This leaflet will be treated as a pass .'
    Il try to get a more exact translation . i also have leaflets more specifically related to outlining the reasons behind forming the 'Russian Army of Liberation ' under Vlasov . These leaflets are i believe retrieved from canistors that failed to open. Obviously the ones that spread over the battlefields do not survive . Maybe the paper was used to make cigarettes sometimes ? !!

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    I can translate the jist of it . Basically the paper states .
    ' Look at how well your comrades are faring after they came over to our side . Your Colonel Lushnikov has made up all sorts of reasons for your present suffering . Dont believe a word of him , all staff officers are like that ! We Know of your situation from those that already came over. End this hatred and come out of your positions over to the German side.
    This leaflet will be treated as a pass .'
    Il try to get a more exact translation . i also have leaflets more specifically related to outlining the reasons behind forming the 'Russian Army of Liberation ' under Vlasov . These leaflets are i believe retrieved from canistors that failed to open. Obviously the ones that spread over the battlefields do not survive . Maybe the paper was used to make cigarettes sometimes ? !!
    thanks for translate, i like the strange texts from all sides, did they realy think someone belive this, or as seen in many us papers like this to the germans we will treet you as a friend not as enemy, all sides made funny things and it is allways a wonder this papers survied, when i was a child i found once an unopend box of us papers in germany but did not keep them as i was to young just closd the box again and puted it back to the ground wher i found it an playd on (as far as i remember)